• This topic has 57 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by nikk.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Siren sounds, big wave coming,..where would you ride to?
  • Klunk
    Free Member
    rogerthecat
    Free Member

Brilliant!
    When’s it happening?
    I’ll have a beach front property 😀

fourbanger
    Free Member

I’d just do a quick loop to smash some hills, ending up back at the yacht I’m living on.

bullroar
    Free Member

Given I live about as far from the sea as is possible in the UK I’d probably stay at home. To keep amused I’d get on Strava and keep an eye out for record breaking KOM attempts.

P20

Biking is be tempted by thrunton, then sit on the crag and dangle my feet, see if they get wet. Home is further inland and still over 125m with easily accessible high ground nearby

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I’d ride over to Beachy Head and dare it to get me…….

Schweiz
    Free Member

Currently at 1200m. 1 hours ride can get me up to 2000m. The hike-a-bike up to 2800m might take me a bit more than an hour but I reckon I’ll be ok.

passiflora86
    Free Member

Re: Klunk’s link
    -that is indeed v scary

rogerthecat
    Free Member

That video is pretty sobering.

spooky_b329

About 60m on the edge of the South Downs here. I think I’d wander into the front garden and watch the approaching wave and then swivel 180 degrees as it heads up the valley, then jump on my bike and over the Downs and watch it race along the northern edge.

Watching the video now, was expecting it to be one I’d already seen but its new to me…

nicolaisam
    Free Member

As long as the wave is less than 720ft,i will stay at home..

acehtn
    Free Member

Hmmmm

If i was in North Lincs i would ditch the bike, and make my way as far inland as possible in the car avoiding all major roads and motorways.

If in sunny somerset on the edge of exmoor, a toss up between north hill and having a picnic on top of the secret radar station watching south wales go under, or going up grabbist and watching Butlins vanish but hoping my 2nd floor flat further up town might survive.

Bike would be whatever is handy, although i doubt the park rangers would mind me driving my car up 🙂

kimbers

hmm what would Lt. Col. Kilgore do?

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

At 300m+ and 70 miles inland I’ll be sitting on my balcony, beer and snacks to hand watching the world float by. Always wanted to live on the edge of a lake.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Up onto the Greensand ridge to watch Somerset disappear. Wiltshire will then have a coast, win-win I’d say.

rocketman
    Free Member

119m and 100 miles from the sea

The tide can wave all it wants!

acehtn
    Free Member

Think Somerset has too many big hills to disappear, maybe a selection of nice islands.

Best dig out the crossbow so i can defend my island and set up an off shore bank 🙂

nikk
    Free Member

Yeh Klunks link shows us the reality. Scary indeed.

I’d put the packraft on the front on the bike, and head for the hills. 1 hr will get me up about 500 meters as long as I can cut through the city traffic.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Siren sounds, big wave coming,..where would you ride to?’ is closed to new replies.