Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Sir Mohammed Farah
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Sounds great to me. An outstanding, proud, flag waving Brit, who happens to be an Islamic immigrant. Go mo, what a man.

loddrik
    Free Member

Drug cheat too. No smoke without fire.

Junkyard
    Free Member

so all those things about scousers they say are true – no smoke without fire eh ?

FSS let one thread be free of your trolling 🙄

I would imagine, obvious trolling aside, he is a worthy candidate who will have universal support for such an award.

Great achievement for a proud Brit

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s a shame that when someone’s view is contrary to your own then they must always be trolling…

thegreatape
    Free Member

As quick as that… 🙁

Good effort MF.

Edric64
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    It’s a shame that when someone’s view is contrary to your own then they must always be trolling…

I think it was the way you carefully outlined your allegations and structured them that got him so upset…

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s the abridged case for the prosecution.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and just in case your wrong he should be Sir Mo by the end of the year. Some outstanding performances out there in the Olympics and he is one of those at the front of it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    It’s the abridged case for the prosecution.

Nope, it’s lazy shite, should be a blocked phrase.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

It’s also a shame that when someone does well at sports they must always be doping… 🙄

mrhoppy

Awesome achievement, he’s done the double, double double. Back to back doubles at both the World’s and Olympics and unbeaten over the last 9 major long distance events. Making a real case to be considered the greatest long distance runner ever.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s also a shame that when someone does well at sports they must always be doping.

I assume Loddrik has also levelled the same “evidence based” accusation at Bolt……

epicyclo

mrhoppy – Member
    …Making a real case to be considered the greatest long distance runner ever.

He is one of the greatest, but to me Emil Zátopek is the greatest and always will be.

I hope he gets a gong.

mrhoppy

I think Mo’s issue when being considered as the GOAT is that he’s not necessarily done much in terms of world and Olympic records. Maybe he’ll relax and focus on fast times now, but realistically he could double up at the world’s for a 3rd time.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Had me in tears watching that. But what’s “sir” got to do with anything? The recognition he gets from fellow athletes and aspiring athletes means more by orders of magnitude than a prehistoric olde england title.

Superb runner, role model and human. The best distance athlete ever seen.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Go on then loddrik, where’s the evidence that he is a drug cheat?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sir Mohammed Farah. Definitely has my support for that, it would be wonderful. A fabulous role model.

On a political note a wonderful example of the benefits of controlled immigration.

As an aside the French lady boxer to took silver against Nicola Adams comes from a fairly traditional North African French muslim family background. Her mother is as covered as is legal in France, whilst her sister and obviously she loves a much more liberal way of life. She got the the Rio games partly via a crowdfunding campaign which raised €4000 tol allow her to spa in Germany and the UK. Our lottery fudning system provides so much as we should be very grateful for it.

zippykona

But does he really eat Quorn?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

loddrik – Member

Drug cheat too. No smoke without fire.
    You’re obviously mortified at his success.
    I love it.

maccruiskeen

But what’s “sir” got to do with anything? The recognition he gets from fellow athletes and aspiring athletes means more by orders of magnitude than a prehistoric olde england title.

Yeah – why even give people medals and have podiums and fanfares. Why do people even turn up and cheer. Isn’t it enough to have an exchange of nods between competitors, maybe a fist bump.

I think people who pour their whole life into being the best at something are quite partial to their efforts being recognised.

epicyclo

glasgowdan – Member
    Had me in tears watching that. But what’s “sir” got to do with anything?…

I’m all for people who are worthy of public acclaim getting honours. The equivalent of being knighted in the field.

Much better than Cameron’s wife’s hairdresser for example, or billionaire donors to politicians.

zippykona

My first day of couch to 5 k they gave me a lion heart medal
    Day 2 ,nothing . I was disappointed .
    So I’m up for giving him a K.

Junkyard
    Free Member

On a political note a wonderful example of the benefits of controlled immigration.

His father is British this had no more to do with him living here than it did Sir wiggo of Belgium living here.
    can we have one thread free of politics and your “mistruths”? Surely you can do it if you really really try?

richmars

Interview in one of the papers yesterday, detailing some of his training runs. I’m sure no different to any top runner, but puts it all into perspective, like 25 miles at 6 min/mile.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

who happens to be an Islamic immigrant.

I thought he was a Somali immigrant who just happened to be of the Muslim faith, obtuse use of the islamic word (imo)

Anyway good for him.

DezB
    Free Member

Certainly was an amazing performance in the 5000m – whatever the other runners did, he just answered it.

(don’t. feed. the. trolls!!)

richmars

whatever the other runners did, he just answered it.

Yes, it was a great race (catch it repeated in a few minutes on BBC1).
    Fast few laps from the others, then he just seemed to say ‘Is that it?’, and pushed on.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Tried to stay up to watch but was too tired – great on playback but must have been much more exciting live. Amazing kick to destroy the oppo in the final straight.

Jambas, why does the French lady need to go to a spa. Do they keep her nails in trim?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Autocorrect 😳 and 🙂

zippykona

Anyway Spa is in Belgium not Germany.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Wow that stadium was completely deserted. I know it’s been mentioned before but the medal ceremony made it embarassingly obvious – some small group of british flags being waved in a sea of empty blue seats.

mefty
    Free Member

Wow that stadium was completely deserted.

The last hour of the athletics programme was just medal ceremonies as Brazil weren’t involved many left early so not a true perspective of the crowd size.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

thecaptain – Member
    Wow that stadium was completely deserted. I know it’s been mentioned before but the medal ceremony made it embarassingly obvious

that he has no charisma 😆

milky1980
    Free Member

Wouldn’t begrudge him getting a title at all, a good role model for the young generation.

Met him while he was in Cardiff for the Half Marathon earlier in the year and he was so normal, no ego or aloofness at all. Seemed genuinely happy to be getting loads of attention from the kids etc.

fin25
    Free Member

The thing I like most about him as a runner is his tactical awareness. He’s not the fastest ever, but his tactical brain knows exactly how much energy he has at the start and he is genuinely gifted at knowing when and how to deploy that energy for maximum gain. It also helps that he is an amazing finisher.
    It’s so good watching a race unfold with him in it, as everyone around him tries to find a way to neutralise him but he seems to respond before they even put a plan into action.
    As a staunch republican, I don’t care if they knight him, I’d call him Sir if I met him anyway.

Junkyard
    Free Member

His kick and last lap means he and they know that they cannot really beat him
    That said it is great to watch and they certainly try to neutralise it

Nice he has one gold for each child though

richmars

As above. Watched it live last night and again this morning. It’s all tactics (plus a bit of ability!)

theotherjonv

It was the best bit of 2012 for me. In one hour on Saturday night a mixed race athlete won gold for the heptathlon, a Somali immigrant naturalised Brit won the 10,000m and then prayed thanks to his God on the track, and then a ginger bloke won the long jump. And our nation cheered them all to the rafters.

The BNP must have been apoplectic.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Loddrik is right. Overwhelming evidence. Alliances and associations with some of the most stinking TUE abusing doctors and and coaches on the planet. Won’t get a sir because somebody in the know that isn’t blinded by ‘team GEEEEBBEEEE’ will advise against, so it’s only Kellogg’s and quorn that get it hard when it all goes up in flames not the honours system too!

And it’s not just ‘because somebody is good at sport’ in this case it is ‘because the evidence adds up’. If he was Russian nobody would think twice but of course no British athlete would dope!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Sir Mohammed Farah’ is closed to new replies.