Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • sir chris hoy velodrome
  • scholarsgate
    Free Member

I’ve been lucky enough to get tickets for the world cup there in november. Can anyone tell me the postcode/address for velodrome as i’d like to look into hotels?

sniff
    Free Member

Stay in the city centre and just get a joe baxi. laterooms would be your friend.

carbon337
    Free Member

I believe it is on London rd opposite the Celtic Park. I got tickets too and got 2 rooms in the Premier Inn East for only £29 a room.

Our party dont drink so dont mind the short drive.

legend
    Free Member

1000 London Rd, Glasgow G40 3HY

Head to the city centre for accomodation, it’s not in the best of areas…

enduro-aid
    Free Member

scholarsgate….I work in the city and know that area well I was part of the team that built the new road that goes right past the velodrome…your best best is to stay in one of the city centre hotels and just commute out to the site

if you drive there is a big on site car park
    if you dont drive or want a drink then get the train from either Glasgow central or argyle street low level to Bridgeton and its a 15 min walk from there

But be aware the area in which it has been built is one of the crappiest parts of glasgow (the idea it to regenerate the area) so there is nothing in the surrounding area and any pubs or cafes are proper dives not recomended for tourists…..so after the event head back to the city centre

bigyinn
    Free Member

London Road used to be a post apocalyptic wasteland, has it improved a bit now then?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Can you recommend a city centre hotel?

enduro-aid
    Free Member

what you looking for ?

posh and fancy….hilton….marriot….mellienum copthorne…..radison Blu
    small but functional…..marks hotel….Abode hotel….menzies hotel
    budget but does the job…any of the premier inn or holiday inn’s
    young and trendy…….brunswick hotel….citizen M
    serviced apartments….Fraser suites
    somthing special…..saint judes

if it was me i would try for marks on bath street….bath street is one of the nicest areas for a drink and meal in the centre….either that or somthing in the merchant city (brunswick) again really nice area for drink or meal

scholarsgate
    Free Member

cheers guys. all sorted. Can’t wait

trail_rat
    Free Member

i booked citizen m – 2 nights 2 people 150 quid. mustnt grumble.

Just waiting for train tickets to be released now – its not 13 weeks before yet 🙁

fasthaggis

You lucky bar stewards 🙂

Very much ,ya snooze ya loose. I was far too slow getting to the ticket site (and that was with the advance BC eMail) 🙁

Is the official opening in Sept ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

fast haggis 22nd youll have another chance to get some of the other 50%

fasthaggis

Someone said last night that they were all sold ,even the pre-bookings through ticket master .Hope they are wrong then.

Maybe I could just go and look through the big window at the end of the track 🙂

sandwicheater

trail_rat, will they be on general release on ticketmaster? Keen on getting a couple.

trail_rat
    Free Member

someones talking shite then

50% were on pre release on the 16th and 50% were for general release on 22nd.

unless they changed this after seeing how quick they sold out …..

Sanny
    Free Member

Citizen M in the town centre is ace!

http://www.seeglasgow.com has a booking site powered by booking.com

I’d opt for the city centre option as the area around the velodrome is in the process of being regenerated.

bigjim

When i heard “Chris Hoy velodrome” I thought of Redbraes Park:

bencooper
    Free Member

You could have some cool bike speedway races there 🙂

It’s actually pretty posh, though I think it’s moved on a bit since I was last there:

Velodrome 6 by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘sir chris hoy velodrome’ is closed to new replies.