Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sink the Bismark
  • StuE
    Free Member

Any one tried this http://www.brewdog.com/sink_the_bismark.php ? Morrisons have started to sell some of there beer, have tried the Punk IPA which I like,am going to a mates house for a few beers Sat night and ride on Sunday thought I might take a few bottles of something a bit different maybe a bottle of this http://www.brewdog.com/tactical_nuclear_penguin.php

woody2000

Jaysus. 41%! Fortyfarkinone percent! I hope you’ve booked the ambulance for later 😯

Tried the Punk IPA, but it was a bit strong for my liking.

Haribo
    Free Member

yup tried it at a brewdog event – its a dram each kind of thing. I didnt like it or tactical nuclear penguin. Like a whisky type approach but bear in mind that its a beer….woudl you have a bit of a beer then close it up and leave the rest = no as it will go stale/flat.

p.s. tescos sell a wider selection (punk, 5am saint, trashy blonde etc). The one to get for an unbeleivable taste sensation is the paradox smokestack – a great stout aged in ex islay whisky casks. Its about 10%….have one at the END of the night (otherwise you wont taste anything else)

punk IPA = awesome…even better on draft though 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ocrider

paradox smokestack – a great stout aged in ex islay whisky casks. Its about 10%….have one at the END of the night (otherwise you wont taste anything else)

Anyone tried Harviestoun Ola Dubh or the Mikkeller islay aged stuff?

Haribo
    Free Member

yup (sensing a trend here?) ola dubh is surf-mat 😆
    havent had the mikkeller but what about tullibardine 1488? Its brewed with barley from the whisky distilling process. personnally i prefer the paradox.

(goes off to order mikkeller)

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

😯

Apparently it’s 55% and £500 a bottle…

psychle
    Free Member

I have a bottle of Sink the Bismarck in the fridge… it’s horrible tasting stuff, I imagine it’s what drinking poison would taste like, IMHO… makes an OK shandy though 😉

Here’s my original thread on the subject…

Punk IPA on the other hand, lovely stuff 🙂

fwb2006
    Free Member

The Brewdog people have just opened a pub here in Aberdeen, needles to say I think the weakest draught beer they have is 5% going right the way upto 30!!!!

StuE
    Free Member

Just having a glass of 5AM Saint very nice it is too, heard an interview with one of the guys from Brewdog and he was likening the strong beers to Whisky but as Haribo says once opened it’s not likely to keep well, I was only thinking of the one bottle between the 2 of us.

Haribo
    Free Member

i blame you all for the punk ipa i am drinking 😛

sainsburys had both paradox and ola dubh available….i resisted as its a school night (well not really but i have plans in the morning)

brewdog also looking to open a pub in edinburgh 8)

Haribo
    Free Member

ok so back from the good food show yesterday and guess who was there.

Tasted:

Sink the bismark
    Tactical Nuclear Penguin
    Nanny State (0.5% but strangely v tasty)

Purchased:
    2 Bottles of a limited abstract. Its 10% and malty. I didnt buy it, the wife did as she loved it 😯

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sink the Bismark’ is closed to new replies.