Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Singular Swift – website hacked?
  • deejayen
    Free Member

I wanted to have a look at the Singular website (interested in the Swift) but Google displays a warning saying the website might be hacked. Is it best to avoid, and if so, will it be fixed soon?

epicyclo

Opens ok for me.

Thought maybe rampaging Puffins had caused a problem…

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s been saying that forever

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

Or was hacked a while back but ok now . Google has a long memory.

deejayen
    Free Member

Okay, thanks for that.

riddoch

When I view it on my tablet there is a lot of embedded spam appearing as menu items making the site unusable. If I use a PC I don’t see them.

Sam

It was hacked, fixed, and possibly now hacked again, don’t know. It’s really f’ing frustrating but I am trying to get someone to deal with it… The guy I’ve used in the past is too busy to take it on, so if anyone can refer a web security guru I’d appreciate it. AFAIK it is nothing malicious, just embedded links where you can’t even see them on my site designed to drive up the search results of shonky sites….

Deejayen – if there is anything I can answer in the mean time just drop me an email or ask away on here.

Cheers,

Sam

AlexSimon

A quick glance through the code of the homepage and one other page didn’t come up with anything.
    Anyone see anything?

woody74

Sam – As someone who also runs a small companies website I would recommend just getting a managed website and not just getting some to create you a bespoke now that gets loaded onto your web servers. You then have a website management company that has to look after all the security details and making sure all the software is up to date. We use Shopify, it doesn’t have 100’s of bells and whistles but does work well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Singular Swift – website hacked?’ is closed to new replies.