Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Singular Swift vs. Genesis Fortitude
  • drotos
    Free Member

I’m about to build/buy a full-rigid singlespeed 29er. What do You think about the Fortitude and the Swift? Which one would You choose? What are Your experience? EBB? Non-suspension-corrected forks? Frameset weight?

franki
    Free Member

The Swift has the Kudos I guess, but I can’t fault my Fortitude SS.
    Never been keen on EBBs and the rear facing dropouts have been trouble free. I’ve no intention of putting suspension forks on it (defeats the object of SSing to my mind,) so the non-suspension corrected geometry isn’t of concern.
    Don’t know the weight but seems very reasonable. Certainly a fair bit lighter than my old Io SS.
    The handling is spot-on and it doesn’t hang about. 🙂

119_4674 by franklini10, on Flickr

Martin.B
    Free Member

My Swift EBB is so somple and trouble free (no creaking or slipping)
    Makes the set up so simple, why would you want anything else?

mattjg
    Free Member

I rode a Swift for a while, the EBB worked perfectly, Swift can also take sus forks if you want, the Genesis can’t I believe.

But I reckon the Genesis would be good too if it suits your needs. It’s cheaper I think too.

drotos
    Free Member

I think the Genesis is lighter, becauce of the Reynolds 725 tubeset and the horizontal dropout. Am I right? And… the price is nearly the same.

What do You think about the Kona Unit? Espcially the 2013 version…

Cheezpleez

Swift, Fortitude and Unit are all good bikes, I reckon.

I have a 29er SS-specific Inbred with a Swift fork and that’s great too.

Then there’s the El Mariachi, Karate Monkey and Charge Cooker to think about. Of course, if you’re feeling flush you could go for a Niner or a Canfield Nimble 9…

thekingofsweden

Swifts (Singulars) just ride and look so right no competition for me……..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Singular Swift vs. Genesis Fortitude’ is closed to new replies.