• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by OCB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Singular Swift owners help please.
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

How do these come up sizing wise? I think I need an XL but can I get away with a Large. I’m 6ft 3 and a bit but quite leggy. 34″ trouser leg. Any ideas anyone – much appreciated.

yossarian
    Free Member

you are best talking to sam i reckon.

bagpuss
    Free Member

What he said, talk to Sam. I did and ended up on an XL, I’m 6’4″, same leg and it fits me just right but will largely depend on how you like your bikes, long or not so long.

rOcKeTdOg

6ft 2″ here, 33 inside leg, L frame 90mm stem, inline post, fits like a latex glove

tootallpaul

Same height and inside leg as you, and had an XL- I found it a little too large.

I sold it on when I went away, but if I was buying again would definitely go with a large.

I did demo both sizes and at the time the XL felt fine.

Call Sam- you may be able to arrange a demo.

rootes1

I reckon large.

i’m 6’6″ and on a XL I have longer legs than you (36″ trouser leg)

Gotama
    Free Member

I’ve got a large. 33″ inside leg but a smidge over 6ft 3. Large with a 70mm stem fits perfectly for the set up i want.

Joe

I’m only 6 foot and have an inside leg of 33″. What a pain in the ass it is finding bikes that fit.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

6FT 4″ – 34″ Inside leg.

On a large with a 400mm layback seatpost pretty much at max, 90mm stem. Its prob a tad small but rides better that way for me.

Sam

I guess the variety of above responses show just how impossible it is to give anyone hard and fast responses to ‘what size frame do I need’ queries. For the record, I’m 6’3″ and ride an XL with a 90mm stem. For me on a large I really need a 120mm stem.

mattjg
    Free Member

Chaps how’s the cable routing for a rear mech meant to run? I get that it’s beneath the down tube, under the EBB and beneath the chainstay – but the guide below the EBB has a stop on it ie it will allow the cable through but not the sheath. I don’t see a matching stop facing it .. what’s meant to happen?

Ta.

(yes I know SS is best … I just want to try some gears for a little while!)

clubber
    Free Member

I’m 6’5″, 35″ inside leg, 82cm BB to top of saddle, 90mm stem and I’m on an XL which is perfect for me

clubber
    Free Member

The stop on the BB is for a front mech which runs with a full outer from the shifter to the stop. The rear mech cable is attached to the down tube and chain stay.

mattjg
    Free Member

OK I just bypass the stop then. I’ll give it a try, thx.

Shmikuk
    Free Member

Tea drinker, where are you in the world? You are welcome to try my large for size. I’m 6’4″ and I like it, although I have a fair bit of a 400mm seatpost showing. I really liked the xl gryphon that was Sams own bike, so would probably like his xl swift too, but I’ve never felt like the large was too small.

OCB
    Free Member

I’m also only 6ft … ~33″ inside leg – and I ride a L Swift.
    It’s makes for a *very* comfortable fit.

The rest of it is: 1″ layback seatpost (tho’ with the seat shoved pretty far forwards on it’s rails due to my slightly odd / poor riding posture), 175mm cranks and a 90mm stem (with Jones Loop bars, so I’d probably use an 80 or 70mm stem with ‘conventional’ risers / flat bars).

I do like a tiny bit more steerer than is probably fashionable too, rather than use a stem with a bit of rise (tho’ to be fair, that’s probably as much to do with component sharing options down the line, as it has to do with bike set up). 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Singular Swift owners help please.’ is closed to new replies.