Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Singular Swift – just bought a frame, give me some inspiration please!
  • fatmax

Sam only had the last XL frame in stock, which I took as fate that I should buy it. Always fancied a Swift, beautiful looking and rave reviews.
    Anyway, it’ll get used in the winter, for easier xc type riding and for some bikepacking e.g. the Capital Trail.
    I’m pretty keen to go for Shimano XT 1×11 but otherwise I’d love to see what folk have built theirs up with – any pics or recommendations appreciated!
    Cheers

Cheezpleez

Love my Swift. It’s built up with bits from the shed and nothing remotely fancy but it really doesn’t need bling to be a great bike.

yetidave
    Free Member

love my swift as well. I have two different wheel sets (single speed and geared (1×9)) and two different forks, 100mm and ridged. Every incarnation brings something different and its all good. even 50-60mile road rides are fun with a set of 35mm tyres. Thinking of putting some swept back bars on it when going single speed for the winter just for the chat on the trails…

Clobber
    Free Member

If it was me I’d be going B+ with some bomboloni’s on hugo’s

fatmax

Thanks guys. It’ll be 29er to begin with, rigid, and no bling.

ds3000
    Free Member

Nice choice, I’ve had one for 4 years now. TBH I can’t ever see myself replacing it, it has handled everything I’ve thrown at it. Started off with the steel forks, very ‘compliant’ then swapped to niner carbon, seem sharper in the handling. It can be built up light-ish – EBB has been creak free and flawless. I’ve had it set up with risers, wide flats, mucho sweep salsas and even drops – each one giving a great experience. Pics will follow.

fatmax

ds3000 – nice one, pics would be great!

rOcKeTdOg

mk1 frame, soon after it arrived

long days out

now 29+ front

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Singular Swift – just bought a frame, give me some inspiration please!’ is closed to new replies.