Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Singular Swift – couple of questions
  • clubber
    Free Member

Almost got my new Swift up and running but would be interested to hear experiences on a couple of points

How tight should the EBB grub screws be? Any issue with running it in the position that gives max bb height as this allows for a double specific front mech (running 2×9). It fouls the chainstay if run with the bb any lower.

How do most people route the front mech outer cable? I've seen some run it along the tt rather than to the stop on the bb. If you do run it along the down tube, what do you hold it in place with? Zip tie it to the rear mech cable?

Thanks

rOcKeTdOg

Zip tie both cables on the cable stops, grubs on mine are just over hand tight, EBB has never slipped even in SS mode

clubber
    Free Member

First ride done. Great 😉

Full review to follow…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TooTall
    Free Member

PRAISE THE LORD ABOVE! HE HAS LIFTED THE VEIL FROM THE EYES OF CLUBBER! HE LOOKETH DOWN UPON CLUBBER WITH A GLAD HEART.

Well that was an epic journey wasn't it? 8)

clubber
    Free Member

Who is "he"? 😉

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

4-6 Newton meters for the EBB.

rOcKeTdOg

what's on the top tube, headtube end?

clubber
    Free Member

An LVIS sticker!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Looks shit. 😉

How are the forks.

clubber
    Free Member

They're sh!t too 😉

singlespeedstu

So tell me then clubber are 29ers still rubbish.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

clubber – Member

They're sh!t too

Thought so..

I quite fancy a spin on that, only when I fancy riding a shit bike mind.

rOcKeTdOg

swifts in larger sizes don't look like 29ers really, they look in proportion

clubber
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member
    So tell me then clubber are 29ers still rubbish.

I guess you'd have to ask whoever said they are as I'm pretty certain I never did… What I did say was that they have pros and cons rather than just magically being better at everything and that every one I'd tried (which included Niner, GF, on-one amongst orhers) had too many cons for me – mainly that they were just very steady feeling and less fun to ride. I also said that I was looking for one that rode the way I wanted. Test riding Barney's one at the bbf suggested that I'd found that so I bit the bullet…

I also always said that I don't think that they really suit tall riders any more than other non-short riders and I still stand by that.

So there 😉

Oh and thanks for the tyres stu.

singlespeedstu

No promlem. 😉

Now all you need to do is ride a short snappy handling 29er to really get the benifits of big wheels. 8)

clubber
    Free Member

That's a bit of a cryptic comment… The swift is certainly the quickest handling one I've tried. Anything particular in mind?

tang
    Free Member

mythic/banshee paradox is very short. building a swift atm and have some reba teams on the way, mate has a paradox which im looking forward to borrowing. the chaistays are short and can run the full 120 on the forks, got to be fun?

clubber
    Free Member

The thing is I actually like longer chainstays as it makes the bike better on steep, technical climbs as it helps stop the front lifting. I'd be interested to see what the Paradox is like as I found my Swift a hoot on trails that always had other 29er feeling very steady.

singlespeedstu

As tang said the Paradox is a whole barrel full of fun but for propper quick handling there's only one 29er.

Faster handling than any bike I've ever riden but with all the benifits of big wheels.

clubber
    Free Member

Still fugly and silly expensive though…

singlespeedstu

Who cares when it rides as well as it does. 8)

clubber
    Free Member

I'd care if I'd spent that much 😉

singlespeedstu

It's only money. 😉

Better spent on a bike than some flash car or stupid expensive watch. 😛

tang
    Free Member

As I've reached 35, I'm now enjoying longer stays. Nice to have a fun bike too for the woods.

clubber
    Free Member

Agree with you there SSS but that's hardly the limit of what you can buy with it…

singlespeedstu

You couldn't buy anything much more than a nice watch for the price of a Jones.
    They might be expensive but they don't cost that much.

Oh and BTW if you were smart and got a preproduction prototype when the exchange rate was in our favour you'd be surprise how little it actualy cost. 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Singular Swift – couple of questions’ is closed to new replies.