Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • singular swift colour options … are there any or have there been ?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

I know there was the copper coloured version which i rather like but presume it’s no longer available ? was it only geared versions ( non ebb )
    have there been any other options
    never been keen on the blue . Of course one can respray/powdercoat but that’s all extra expense.
    just wondered really ..oh ..and non standard colour photos would be great !
    thanks
    Bill

Sam

There’s only ever been the blue Swifts with the exception of 50 geared specific frames from the first ever batch in 2007 which were the coppery orange colour. There have been the odd other ones here and there which I’ve had re-finished for customers or which people have had done themselves. I’ll see if I can dig out some pics for you – I’ve seen black, green and purple. I am contemplating an additional colour choice for the next run of frames – only question being what it should be…

clubber
    Free Member

purple!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hock

though you might have difficulties justifying another blue-ish hue…

In this case a really strong warm yellow (but not orangy yet) would be an alternative.

Or an ivory should you feel less adventurous… 🙂

takisawa2

That repaired Cotic Soul posted yesterday, now that looked nice in green.

hock

It sure did! Not sure though if it would work on a Singular.

oldgit
    Free Member

hock, that reminds me of an old MG. In fact colours from classic British cars might be a good source of ideas.
    The Singulars have all been in pretty staid colours. And if you look at a classic MG colour chart there are some ideal colours.
    Just a thought.

oldgit
    Free Member

trail_rat
    Free Member

5 shades of beige – how boring could a car be – and titan beige is blatantly cow pat brown !

oldnpastit

So were these also the same set of dreadful colours they used on the Austin Allegro?

When my dad started talking about buying one, my sisters and I told him that we would never speak to him again if he did so. Even at that tender age we could recognise mediocrity.

EDIT: very happy with my blue Swift though 🙂

Shackleton

oldgit +1

I’ve always rather liked the refined, classic, understated and stylish Singular paint jobs.

I still think my Swift is the most attractively finished bike I’ve ever owned.

hock

Hi oldgit,

indeed! It was a MGB GT that made me look for a suitable Pantone paint code, must have been Florentine Blue then. Thanks for the colour chart! 🙂

– a Cotic can do Kawasaki-green all day
    – a Singular (as we know them) works better in a slightly more staid tone

I like them both! 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

trail rat, when you’re old you’ll be asking me for that colour chart again when you need a new pair of slacks.

kaiser
    Free Member

Sam ..maybe i’m in the minority but i really quite like the copper colour ..perhaps that could be brought back as an alternative?

matt_outandabout

That Tartan red with Pale Primrose panels FTW 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Rubharb & custard special…..lickable.

hock

Rubharb & custard special…..lickable.

The custard being the overlap between Cotic and Singular colour schemes…
    …though thinking of it I can see builders-tea coloured Swift and an espresso Buzzard, no?!

igm

You’ll be wanting scratch’n’sniff next

hock

wouldn’t mix well with the regular hit’n’spray on the local dog walker trails though
    similar colour spectrum mind

Sam

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Clubber – a deep aubergine purple is a possibility
    Hock – you’re right, another blue is not really going to happen. Already got ivory in the Gryphon and Osprey, though I do like it… Maybe just a reverse of the current – ivory with pigeon blue panel?
    Oldgit – thanks for the chart – some thoughts there…
    Kaiser – I liked the copper colour too – but it was wet painted and didn’t hold up that well.
    Matt outandabout – so basically the same as the Peregrine?

I was also just thinking black….

The current blue will remain in any case, any new colour would be an additional choice.

birdage

Mapie, black and white, slight irridescence, (think that’s the wrong spelling) in the black.

hock

Black? Well, as with cars it seems to make up a large percentage of sales where offered.
    Cotic will know more.

But it’s quite a stark contrast to your current colours and could be seen as inconsistency.
    And I don’t see it work that well with your panel style (retro-ish).
    I’d therefore suggest a dark non-metallic grey if you want to appeal to the less colour adventurous.
    Like the Hummingbird in terms of darkness but grey.

Not as dark but maybe an idea: Steve McQueen’s 911 was non-metallic slate grey (6401)

EDIT: They’ve used a similar/same colour recently on the GT3 RS

atlaz
    Free Member

There’s something effortless about the paint on the Singulars. My Hummingbird looks simple and elegant compared to my road bike and Mondraker and I don’t think I’d want any other colour for it.

rootes1

Kaiser – I liked the copper colour too – but it was wet painted and didn’t hold up that well.

I have found mine to be quite durable – apart from where the chain as knocked the chainstay.

Never did get round to doing mine white with the grey and pick downtube sticker I bought from Sam…

rootes1

5 shades of beige – how boring could a car be – and titan beige is blatantly cow pat brown !

Best – worst Hillman Imp ‘colour’ =

Prairie Wind

Sam

Time to vote

Gnnr

I would like to see a RAL 7040 (grey) with a white singular panel… please

G

hock

RAL 7040

yep!

Sam

Well I’ve got the Kite already in grey. I’m rather liking the idea of a darker grey, like 7010 with black panel and brighter red logo…

matt_outandabout

Matt outandabout – so basically the same as the Peregrine?

Little to improve on IMO 😉

hock

RAL 7010 seems to come quite close to the Porsche slate grey above – so yes please! 🙂

Sam

I guess what all this variety points to is the need to be able to do custom colours for a reasonable price. So – next question – what premium over standard pricing do you think is reasonable for a single colour powdercoat and downtube decal of your choice?

woodsman
    Free Member

None of those colours were used on the Alegro – the Alegro was ten years later!

Harvest Gold is the colour you’re probably thinking of – it’s not gold though but beige.

hock

Custom colour with a decal choice would be popular I guess. The bike would be official but special at the same time. Colour coded to existing components etc. People could and would go wild! Especially if they could indulge in the whole RAL range for example.

Sounds fun!

Who else does it? And what do they charge? Does anyone know?

igm

Custom colour… Sounds fun!… Who else does it? And what do they charge? Does anyone know?

Orange – £100 a throw if I recall.

chewkw
    Free Member

Pewter colour … I like.

Will be my next colour of choice.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘singular swift colour options … are there any or have there been ?’ is closed to new replies.