Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Singular Pereguine monstercross mudguards?
  • shroppy
    Free Member

I’m looking for some ‘wrap around’ mudguards to go on my Singular Pereguine ‘monster cross’ to protect me and it from the elements. I’m running Schwalbe Smart Sams 28×1.75, does anyone know of some suitable mudguards?
    Shroppy

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

these can;t be too far off in 40mm flavour:

Wiggle Wiggle wiggle, YEAH!

thomthumb
    Free Member

28×1.75 = 45mm

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/sks-longboard-45-mm-mudguards-28-inch-prod25440/

these should do.

Please post a pic – peregrine is my next project…

shroppy
    Free Member

Thanks for your help.
    My Pereguine, with previous set of tyres.
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8371513/

nedrapier

I think my SKS chromoplastics are 55mm. They fit fine over 2.0″ Fat Franks, but I’ve used a crud race guard on the back with 2″ race kings, as the toe-overlap is bad enough with 2.0″ that I wouldn’t want any more in the way.

They’re OK on road, but less fun on rocky/rooty climbs when you might not be able to time your pedal strokes as evenly.

shroppy
    Free Member

I do like the look of the SKS chromoplastics, so might give them a go.
    Thanks,
    Shroppy

nedrapier

Due to the high rack eyelets at the back, you’ll need to cut down the vertical struts. Or leave 2 inch pointy hazards. Mine are currently long, waiting for me to be particularly bothered. Not fitted at the moment anyway. It’s been so dry…

shroppy
    Free Member

I should be able to cut them down to fit, looking like they’ll be the ones to go for.
    Thanks again.
    Shroppy

shroppy
    Free Member

nedrapier, I presume you have a Singular Pereguine then?

nedrapier

yup. Very happy with it too. Mainly used as a commuter, but plenty of fun had on road rides/bimbles, and off road rides from smooth paths, SDW and rocky Welsh trails.

Sam

Much as I love them – you need to be a bit careful using full length mudguards and knobby tyres. Should you get a branch kick up between tyre and guard it will stop the wheel very quickly. For this reason I recommend using crudcatchers or similar if you are using knobby tyres.

BTW – it’s Peregrine – with an ‘r’, as in the type of falcon. Or were you going for a written Jeremy Ross effect? 😉

shroppy
    Free Member

My apologies! From now on I shall say Peregrine.
    Hadn’t thought of that, crud catchers it is then!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Singular Pereguine monstercross mudguards?’ is closed to new replies.