Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Singular Peregrine EBB question
  • shermer75
    Free Member

I am currently lusting after a Singular Peregrine and I have this question: Do you have to adjust the EBB in order to take the rear wheel out if you are running it single speed or with an internal geared hub? Also, has anybody had any problems with the EBB creaking?

drofluf
    Free Member

I run my Swift singlespeed and Peregrine with an Alfine and don’t touch the EBB to remove the wheel on either bike. No problem with it creaking either.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Owned one for a few years, gone now.

Singular_brown by ir_bandito, on Flickr

No, wheel drops straight out.
    No creaking, had a little bit of slipping over time, but no more than could have been chain stretch.

shermer75
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks guys!

OCB
    Free Member

I can only answer the second bit (as I’m running 3 x 9) but I’ve my Peregrine since 2008, and the EBB has been faultless.

Actually … as has the bike.

nedrapier

Good choice! Mine has been SS, now 1×9. Like wot they said re: wheel dropping out.

Something’s creaky down there, it could be the 12 year old V8s, the 14 year old UN72 or the 14 yo LX crank tapers. Or the 2 year old, recently cleaned and regreased EBB shell.

Place your bets…

johnnystorm

Ran an Alfine swift, as above. No ebb adjustment required. Wouldn’t hurt to make sure it’s greased though. 🙂

birdage

No problems with the EBB but I am trying to eliminate the ‘over’ toe overlap and I can’t rotate the EBB all the way back because the drive side crank then hits the chain stay. I don’t know if it’s cause I made a wrong choice of cranks (1×10 105 Cross) and I’d be better off with square taper so that I could push it out slightly? Only thing that ruins an otherwise excellent Peregrine experience for me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Singular Peregrine EBB question’ is closed to new replies.