• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Singular Gryphon – carbon forks options
  • Rik
    Free Member

Just checking I’ve not missed any options out there.

Struggling to find a carbon disc fork to suit the Gryphon. It has currently the standard steel ones and to preserve the look of the bike I’d like some carbon forks that look like a ‘road’ fork rather than the rc31 style. Current ones are 445mm long but with a 55mm offset.
    Sam does not recommend a 45mm offset like found on normal 440mm forks as it will slow the steering down to much.

So if I go down to a 420mm fork with a 45mm ish offset, then the steepening of the head angle will cancel out the offset.

But

The only 420mm disc only ‘road’ look forks I can find are some Winwod Duelist, but they would need to be special order from the USA.

Have I missed any?

The ritchey/trigon look too short. Ragley/X-lite forks seem to look perfect but not sure on lengths that will be available but from what ive read seem to start at 440mm rather than 420mm (so would have the offset problem)

Rik
    Free Member

Anybody have any thoughts?

markenduro
    Free Member

Keep the steel ones? I think you will struggle with this one unless you go down the niner/soon to be released new on-one forks route and they both have graphics which would spoil the look of the gryphon.
    Love the look of the gryphon and one is on my ‘need to own one at some point’ list.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ken Shields did a thread on forks last week, search under road rat.

Rik
    Free Member

Plain black carbon I think will look good.

Just need to find some! Im thinking that the ritchey/trigon might work as I now know they are 415mm (not the 400mm I first thought) with a 48mm rake.

Maybe, just maybe it will work….

Rik
    Free Member

Cheers but the roadrat is based around a shorter fork irc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Singular Gryphon – carbon forks options’ is closed to new replies.