Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Singular Gryphon and rigd 29er owners!
  • BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I’m currently saving up for a 29er build. I’ve narrowed the field down to a Surly Karate Monkey or possibly Ogre and the Genesis Fortitude Race.
    However, I’ve recently been intrigued with the Singular Gryphon, but would have it set with Ragley Carnegie bars as opposed to drops.
    I was just wondering how any others have them set up.
    I don’t use front suspension, so that part of the geometry isn’t an issue, though I’m wondering what the largest size tyres have been run in them? Possibly Maxxis 2.5s?
    Any picturs of different set-ups would be helpful too to work out the sizing. I’m 6 ft but thinking of the large size with a 90mm stem.
    Any advice???

Nipper99
    Free Member

I have mine set up with Ragley Luxy bars (drops). 1×10 11/36, 105 STI shifters, American Classic AM wheelset with Conti 2.2 Race Kings. Great bike, does everthing from the singletrack at Brechfa, to all day forest road/sustran route rides.

drofluf
    Free Member

If you don’t want drops the Singular Swift may be a better bet!

OCB
    Free Member

You might find it’s a little bit short on the TT with ‘flat’ bars, (which wouldn’t suit my shape, but might be ideal for yours)… otherwise there is the Swift, (the new Gryphons have rack eyes, the Swift’s don’t, if that’s important).

I’m running Bonty XR3’s in 2.1 on my Gryphon, and there is miles of room; the 2.4 Conti MK’s on my Swift would fit fine in there.

I’m 6ft and ride a L size, with a 90mm, 10º (Bonty) stem and On-One Midge bars. I’ll try to find (or take) a decent shot of mine, the only negative thing I’ve found with it really it that it doesn’t seem to like having it’s picture taken … 😉

Here’s a couple of other peoples’ posted over on Flickr; to be going on with …

I’m a Loop Bar man myself, (when I use flats …). I’ve tried Carnigies, but the angles don’t quite work for me. ‘Horses for courses’ and all that tho’ so if they work for you – that’s great. 🙂

Nipper99
    Free Member

here it is.

phone 035 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

Got carnegie’s on both my Singulars, luv ’em

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

The thing that intriged me was the geometry and the appparent versatility, as I quite like a higher front end and the sound of the more relaxed angles when compared with the Swift….So far I’ve looked at the KM/Ogre, Fortitude and Gryphon, which are all quite different, but I do seem to have had my head turned by the Gryphon.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Any more Gryphon pics

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Singular Gryphon and rigd 29er owners!’ is closed to new replies.