Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Singletraction's Chainless Challenge @ Stainburn Forest
  • unklehomered
    Free Member

Hi All

Hope mods will forgive me giving a mention to STA’s regular niche fun race, the Chainless Challenge. Its a fun event we use to showcase our trails, share our preferred focus of riding style in these strava times and mostly have a fun time. As the name suggests we take your chain off, point you down a hill and the rest is up to you! There’s no digital timing, its informal race mates style. Entries via BC for insurance, kids/riders of all levels welcome.

April 25th, 2015.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1448084802148459/

unklehomered
    Free Member

bump for the evening crowd.

Mugboo

Morning bump.

unklehomered
    Free Member

The one week out bump. We have the prizes, (seriously just ridiculously nice prizes), we have the course (we just rebuilt a bit of it especially), we have the tea pot (You think we’d do this with no tea? Are you mad?).

We hope some of you will come…

tmb467
    Free Member

I’ll be there

tomhoward

I’ll be there with bells on!

tomhoward

Christ, the BC website is frustrating! I click the enter button and that switches to ‘entered’ but that’s it, no paying the entry fee or nuffink. Am I entered? If not can I just turn up and enter?

tomhoward

Ah, got there in the end. Entered!

bennn
    Free Member

I’ll be there too!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Anyone not sure if BC let them enter/worked mail me and I’ll check for you.

treasurer@singletraction.co.uk

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Any idea on timings for Saturday? I really want to enter but I’m doing the PMBA at Grizedale on the Sunday and was planning on heading over Saturday PM for that. Might see if I can do this AND the PMBA race :S

unklehomered
    Free Member

Practice until 10am, starting timed runs 10:30 latest, We anticipate prize giving around 2pm, but that could move either way depending on numbers, 3pm, 3:30 very latest I would think.

Simon

I’ve entered but can’t get there until around noon. How many times runs can we do?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Hi Simon, its two runs on each of the two courses, can you drop me an email with your full name, and we’ll put your number aside, just pop by the tent on arrival. We’ll get your first run in ASAP, and then your second at the end of the roster.

Cheers.

Simon

Cheers Johnny I’ll be in touch.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Ah, just saw you email and so your second name. All sorted, we’ll see you 12ish!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Can confirm there will also be a raffle of some nice shiney things (all entrants get a raffle ticket with their race number as well) and cake, so don’t forget your wallet, all proceeds to trail building. 🙂

berty375a
    Free Member

i dont have facebook, how can i enter this

cheers

Simon

The race was yesterday but entries were through the British Cycling website or pay on the day.
    There was talk of another Chainless Challenge in September.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Singletraction's Chainless Challenge @ Stainburn Forest’ is closed to new replies.