Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Singletracks vs Hummvees?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

What’s the difference? Fit, material etc…?

richmtb

Singletracks a bit tougher and have a splash resistant treatment. A wee bit looser and shorter than Humvees, they fit better over armour.

Humvess not as tough but a softer material so a bit comfier worn off the bike.

Although someone will be along shortly ignoring the question and tell you to buy Gore or Altura instead. Becuase all Endura stuff is crap (although it wasn’t in the good ole days etc)

I think there shorts are fine BTW

spacemonkey

Humvees inner not up to much wear n tear. Outer takes a lot of beating but when the seam goes, you’ll be forever stitching it back.

thomthumb
    Free Member

humvees soak up a lot more water – but have a more cottony look & feel to them.

z1ppy

richmtb +1, I prefer the Singletrack’s, as above, they tend to not get soaked in wet conditions and I (am to mince-core-lite so) don’t use armour.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m coming to the end of my second pair of Hummvees, which have lasted nearly 6 years combined so am happy with enduras, just never really looked at singletracks before.

richmtb

Singletracks are a better short for mountain biking, more tolerant of mud and water and less likely to tear or snag.

Humvees are better for general cycling / commuting duties

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Singletracks vs Hummvees?’ is closed to new replies.