Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Singletrack….."not responding'"
  • exupmonkey
    Free Member

Apologies if this has been covered before but I’m having to use a crappy old iPhone at the moment and searching the forum for answers is a total PIA on this thing. Problem is I can’t get the Singletrack page to load on my laptop, running Windows7 pro, the index page displays but click any button thereafter causes the thing to freeze. Only been happening for the last few days, I haven’t done anything to the PC prior to that. It’s driving me round the bend, anyone any ideas, in layman’s terms as I’m a technodunce! Thanks in anticipation.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Happening here too

Windows 7

Also on my ipad stw redirects to a false flash upgrade

jimster01

Also means i’m having to work!

trail_rat
    Free Member

i installed chrome…..

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Well I’ve tried disabling the add ons as was suggested elsewhere, still the same

CountZero

Funny, it’s been happening on my work computer, running Vista Business, keeps saying ‘server not responding’, but other sites seem ok. It just freezes completely.
    I thought it was a firewall/security issue, maybe to do with the ad thing, but seems others are having the same issue. Fine on iOS.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Same happened to me at work at lunchtime, on work’s PC which normally has no problem (but sits behind hefty security/firewalls (so maybe being hampered by that?).

Spin
    Free Member

Same here. Crashing the page pretty much every time on the laptop.

roach

Yep, unusable at work today!

dantsw13

Fine on ipad all day

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I often get redirected to the apps section on my ipad.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Working fine on Chrome at home on pc & Android tablet.
    Probably fine at work tomorrow now – reckon it must be certain adverts I guess.

Nipper99
    Free Member

yup, here to all w/e. My laptop tells me there are security certificate issues with the site.

mogrim

Been fine on Chrome / WinXP all day, thank god. Might have had to do some work otherwise 😯

(And still working fine on Chromium / Ubuntu).

busydog
    Free Member

Has worked fine all day on my PC/Win 7, IE11

pennine
    Free Member

Unusable today on the work’s computer! but ok on my home computer

tenfoot

Ditto above, plus ok on my android phone

Muke
    Free Member

Crashing Shockwave Flash every visit for me on Windows 7 / Chrome 🙁

😕 still suspicious of that epic tv add being at the bottom of it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Not working with Chrome on the laptop but ok with Windows Explorer!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Working ok on my mac, iPad keeps opening up the app store presumably due to one of the adds (this is ok tbh) but only 75% of the site loads on my Windows Phone, it then hangs and crashes the browser. Very weird. No browsing on the bog today 🙁

hilldodger
    Free Member

working here on W7/android & chrome/IE 😛

towzer

hanging on IE9
    ok on chrome

Harry_the_Spider

Not working on the office windows 7 machine. Fine on my home one.

TomB

Crashes at work (Microsoft network type thing) since last week. Fine on Mac and iPad at home.

Harry_the_Spider

Wierdly I’ve managed to log back in. My works machine falls over when the background ads load up. Once I’ve logged in I don’t see them so it is OK.

Could just be coincidence. I am not a doctor.

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Is the only solution to become a paid up member then? If so, that’s a bit disappointing!

crapjumper
    Free Member

Thank **** for this thread . I was gonna smack the shit out of my laptop earlier today !!

doom_mountain

Keeps hanging when I first open up Firefox (STW is my homepage) seems fine once logged in and the ads disappear.

Matt-P
    Free Member

Totally unusable on my work PC (ie9). Just about every page crashes. Been like this for about a week 🙁

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Sounds like work pc’s/laptops have had some updates?

Or work firewalls aren’t keen on something on the site.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Me too. IE on my PC hangs constantly (fine with every other site). Works OK on Chrome.

I’m also getting the App store opening thing on my iphone – again, only for STW.

eskay

I am getting 2 or 3 connection error popups on each new page (on android phone).

Sodajim

Had the same problem for the last week or two on the work computer. Can sometimes get it to work if it lets me log into my account and do away with all the adverts.

All fine at home and on my phone and the rest of the web is fine at work.

Hopefully the bosses haven’t cottoned on to where I spend all day !

tightywighty
    Free Member

Seems that ads are causing the problems for me. Taking STW out of the ad-blocker’s whitelist makes it work.

Can’t the ads be switched to google adwords or something?

BTW for anybody struggling on a Mac, there is also a bug in the latest flash release which is triggered by some of the Flash ads on this site (epic TV).

See this link to get the older version of flash installed until they fix the bug.
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/995121

Muke
    Free Member

😕 Can the IT man @ STW towers offer any advice on this problem ❓

leffeboy

Response was terrible on my Surface until I spotted that I was logged out again. Something in the ads is really slowing things down

mangoridebike

Same issue for me on my work pc, fine on iPad and iPhone though.

I’m glad it not just me , I thought works IT had spotted my regular visits to te site and found a way of encouraging my attention elsewhere

exupmonkey
    Free Member

**** feckity ****….anyone suggest a cure for this, I’ve emptied me cache, turned add ons off but…..

jfletch
    Free Member

Between this on my work PC (win7/ie9) and the ios issues back home on my ipad visiting STW is now becoming increasingly difficult. Must be costing page views.

Get it sorted STW.

CountZero

Same issue for me on my work pc, fine on iPad and iPhone though.

I’m glad it not just me , I thought works IT had spotted my regular visits to te site and found a way of encouraging my attention elsewhere
    Exactly what I thought when it started happening to me!

Between this on my work PC (win7/ie9) and the ios issues back home on my ipad visiting STW is now becoming increasingly difficult. Must be costing page views.

Get it sorted STW.

I don’t get any iOS issues at home, or anywhere else, other than the occasional AppStore re-direct, and to repeat, that is not an STW issue! It happens to me elsewhere, and happens far less often now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack….."not responding'"’ is closed to new replies.