Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Singletrackbakers – Cheesecake Recipes
  • franksinatra

Anyone fancy sharing their recipe for a simple, delicious, creamy cheesecake?

I want to impress guests!

Ta

stevelolly
    Free Member

Simple cheesecake recipe in Jamie Olivers ministry of Food book is delicious and really easy to make . Always gets remarks from guests when the missis makes it . I would think its available online somewhere .

jamiep
    Free Member

made individual, portion-sized cheesecakes for xmas. Just google no-bake cheesecake. Piece of p1ss to make. Digestive and ginger biscuit and butter base. Cream cheese whipped with icing sugar, vallia and a splash of booze – I used amaretto, triple sec, coffee liquor or raspberry liquor

I used this recipe but did a remix with added booze and ginger biscuits

paulosoxo
    Free Member
    mogrim

The new york cheesecake from Nigella’s Domestic Goddess book is great, failing that my 70s version never fails:

Base:
    * 250g digestive biscuits, crushed, mixed with
    * 125g butter, melted

Topping:
    * Mascarpone
    * Double cream
    * Philadelphia
    * Key secret ingredient: Lemon Jelly.
    * Condensed milk

1. Make the base, squish it into a springform tin and let it set in the fridge (about 30min).

2. Make the jelly. You might want to use half the water that is needed for normal jelly, I’m guessing this would depend on the brand used.

3. Mix the topping ingredients, including the jelly.

4. Stick in the fridge and leave to set.

I haven’t put in precise quantities for the topping, something like 500g of mascarpone and 500g of Philadelphia is probably about right. Maybe 200ml of cream? Mix until it tastes about right and you think it’ll fit in the tin 🙂

takisawa2

My Wife makes THIS occasionally. Its about as naughty as food gets, but by heck its nice.

robbo
    Free Member

My daughter made a Whisky & mixed fruit cheesecake from the Hairy Bikers recipe on BBC food for Christmas dinner and it was awesome. Soak the mixed fruit in whiskey them normal cheesecake recipe. Easy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Singletrackbakers – Cheesecake Recipes’ is closed to new replies.