• This topic has 54 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • singletrack on bmx?
  • jedi

how about a get together at corby skatepark sometime?

lyons
    Free Member

I'm allways up

marionheck
    Free Member

i thought this was going to be a thread about riding bmx's on singletrack.

dissapointed.

lyons
    Free Member

I'm allways up for that… I was there on Saturday, the new resi on the half pipe is wicked…

jedi

im there every tuesday til 9pm but can do another day if needed

jedi

marionheck, we did that in the 70-80's 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Indeed before MTB's I rode my bmx in the woods, and everywhere else!

jedi

toy19, come ride bmx again!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I'm in for it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I could be tempted on a Friday or Sunday night, bit out the way unless I happen to be going up north for the weekend.

thomthumb
    Free Member

me too!

some kids up to that at the BBB the other week. one brake and slicks riding roots faster than most of the adults. cool.

jedi

I'm there this friday and next tuesday 🙂

walleater

Ha, I rode around Squamish on my BMX cruiser the other week. it totally sucked on rooty sections (no shit…..) but it was a laugh on swoopy stuff.

carlosg
    Free Member

Been round the local park on my Torker pro xl this afternoon with my 5 year old on his Mongoose mini moto.

Stayed away from the ramps though , didn't want the local kids to show me up.

jedi

old school torker 280xl???

carlosg
    Free Member

Pah , I wish . It's a more modern one with aheadset. In white with CW pro bars n White Skyways (for a retro look)

carlosg
    Free Member

With it's spare OGK mags as I don't want to damage the Skyways.

Mugboo

You lot aren't helping my 'need' a BMX thang

Back in the 80's my original Puch Murray (snapped) morphed into a Rebel Freestyler (similar to Haro) from the shop nr Bull Green roundabout in Halifax with red Skyways and copy CW bars, why o why did i let it go for £30!!!

Wish Cobra on Burnett St was still open. They got Eddie Fiola and Bob M to come and do a demo. Wow! I even got a Kit Kat wrapper signed…..

Anyone got a spare banana yellow GT performer??

jedi

look on radbmx.co.uk 🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

Most of us are too fat thighed these days to ride a torker lol.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Went out this morning on the BMX only 1.5 hour, back for 09:00. BMX is my first love, I may be shit and have lost all my bottle but I still love it.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Indeed before MTB's I rode my bmx in the woods, and everywhere else!

Still do 😛 . Bought a lovely Intense cruiser for going back and fore to work recently but it did my head in coping with just a rear brake on the steeper rooty stuff when taking the scenic route home so I sold it 🙁 . Since found this little pump track though in my local woods . . . today I shall mostly be building a trail 20"er 😛 – reckon dirt is more forgiving at my age than park and with a 20 it's not so far to fall if the roots get me on the commute 😉

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Tell you what I could be up for that. excuse to ride my bmx for its yearly outing

_tom_
    Free Member

mamadirt, you may find 24" or 26" more stable though, which means less falling off (hopefully) 🙂 Tried to get on with a 20" bmx but with a 75 degree head angle and tiny wheels it felt so weird and I fell off all the time.

Might be up for a skatepark session although I don't have a bmx any more so would just stick some slicker tyres on my Trailstar!

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

this is about the Only time i wished i was daaaarrn saaaarrrf 😆
    not rode me BMX for yonks

brakes
    Free Member

BMX is a bad idea once you're over 25, especially if you weren't that good in the first place
    it's just too hard and hurts too much 🙂

jedi

Let's do it!!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Why bad over 25?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Reckon those numbers are the wrong way around 😉

lyons
    Free Member

just had lots of fun on my bmx today 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

Why bad over 25?

that's when I bought a BMX thinking it would be fun, realised it was too hard and too harsh.

jedi

its way less harsh than mtb!

lyons
    Free Member

It's harsh until you learn how to take the landings etc… I crash more often on my mtb. Jedi, Are you going to Corby this Tuesday?

ken_shields
    Free Member

Can you lot stop talking about BMX's please coz now I want to build one.

I was always rubbish as I was too old to have one as a kid and found girls were better fun than a dodgy bike

jedi

yeah i'll be there. may go bar hill 1st

RealMan
    Free Member

Just for all the people who are trying to resist buying a BMX..

jedi

bar hill rules

lyons
    Free Member

Ken shields. I have a nice bmx frame for sale…

_tom_
    Free Member

I found my bmx really harsh on the wrists. Dunno if it was the bar geometry but it was so painful to ride even without big landings.

lyons
    Free Member

_tom_ no offence but it is due to bad technique… I was the same, even little 1 foot drops were harsh at first, but I've slowly learnt to absorb the landings… It's amazing how much mtbers rely on suspension to absorb impacts…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘singletrack on bmx?’ is closed to new replies.