• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by aazhan-spam.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Singletrack mag on an iPad – subscription questions
  • mayan
    Free Member

Looking at a digital only subscription to read on an iPad mostly but maybe (rarely probably) on a PC
    There’s an iPad app, which costs €3.99 to buy, presumably this is one issue? In the description on the itunes store it states a years subscription is £18.99.
    But if you go to the subsribe button up there, a years subsription is £15.
    Is there a difference in what you get? if i subscribe from the website can i then read the downloads on my ipad? what format are they in? pdf? something else?

A bit confusing, anyone done this and could shed some light?

thanks

clubber
    Free Member

You can definitely read the kindle and pdf versions on your ipad. No idea what format the app versions are.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve done it. I look at the PDF files as the iBook files are a bit rubbish, and don’t have all of the pictures.
    It’s pretty good, but the formatting is not as good as dirt mag is. I’ll have to check the kindle one out but I thought you needed an app for that?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

the kindle app itself is free.

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh at clubbed. Is the format any good?

clubber
    Free Member

it’s OK on Kindle for text but very restricted on pics so I didn’t really like it though tbh despite being a bit of a geek and liking the idea of reading mags on a tablet, I just don’t like it compared to actually reading it on paper.

I’ve given the st magazine pdf a good go but just can’t get on with it. ymmv

mayan
    Free Member

Ok so I found the instructions in the back issues section, and it seems I can subscribe then download to get them into the iBooks app, but by the sounds of it the formatting isn’t great? PDF seems to be a bit limiting, anybody using the ePub version or in iBooks ?

smudge
    Free Member

Same here. Download onto pc and issue is great. But if downloaded onto iPad bits of the issue are missing towards the end? I’ve even saved onto hard drive and seen on pc and sound synced onto iPad and still missing pages??

mayan
    Free Member

So the app itself seems a bit pointless (and more expensive) and reading PDFs on the iPad seems hit and miss. What about using the kindle reader on the iPad, are any of the mag downloads compatible with the kindle app?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack mag on an iPad – subscription questions’ is closed to new replies.