Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Singletrack Issue 100
  • tthew

Staffers, past and present recreating a still from Queen’s Fat Bottom Girls video on the front cover

A road legal hovercraft article.

An emergency union jack flag as a free gift.

(Do I win curation of the centenary edition, I could come up with plenty more)

langylad
    Free Member

The magazine and forum have lost a fair few friends and contributors over those years,some friends and others just felt like friends. I think most regulars have been touched in one way or another.

hatter

Edit: misplaced attempt at humour

langylad
    Free Member

And that is why I love this forum 🙂

matt_outandabout

*That* badger pic?
    A reproduction of the Picolax thread?
    Mint Sauce rides Hebden?

nickc

someone weeing into a shoe?

Metasequoia

Stoodley Pike,- bikes new and old- must have a sub 5, a Pace. Not just blokes riding bikes.. range of different tides on differing bikes

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Some fit bird with her norks out.

On a bike, obviously.

Drac

I think most regulars have been touched in one way or another.

oldfart

Mark , not really bothered what’s going to be on the cover as long as it’s inspirational 🙂 . Would like to think that all of us who’ve subscribed from day one are recognised and rewarded with a special little token of your appreciation for our stoic support
    😀 You have our contact details 🙂
    After all new subscribers get a freebie so a loyalty gift would be a nice touch .

MoreCashThanDash

I do think a repreint of the picolax thread should be included inside, and the sudocreme cat.

Liking the idea of a montage of subscribers photos on the cover.

hatter

Dammit Drac, that was my joke! Damn my sense of decency and decorum!

bigjim

Seeing as people are listing things relating to the forum, some badly made DIY lights a la troutie but made by a fool instead with wires poking out, smoke etc

and maybe this

In terms of mountain biking from 2001 to now, I dunno, V Brakes, Judys, someone shouting Straaavaaaaaa,

Mark

Could you check the front page story that I’ve linked to at the start of this thread before you make suggestions for the cover as there’s something particular we are doing there.

eddie11
    Free Member

Yes! Changed my mind.

Mint sauce, mint sauce MINT SAUCE!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Picture of a typical mountain biker from 2001 riding up a climb with his 40psi 26″ tyres, narrow bars, bar ends, seat pouch and elastomer front suspension, probably wearing pair of ronhills, probably not wearing a helmet alongside someone from 2015 with a current full suspension carbon dream bike with super wide bars, 15psi 650B tubeless setup and 1×11 electronic shifting, full face helmet, elbow/knee protectors and a full to bursting back pack head down pushing their bike up the same hill.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A Tudor Century Chronograph – waterproof of course

imnotverygood

Could you check the front page story that I’ve linked to at the start of this thread before you make suggestions for the cover as there’s something particular we are doing there.

Seriously? Actually read the OP? I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

Mark

You’ll be tuning in on your iPad then TH 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Trying to Mark, trying to!

tangent
    Free Member

Please could the Fabulous Fuschian Fresian make a “Foot & Moouth” memorial flypast somewhere in the image?

If the FFF is not availible, some lush landcsape vista’s + singletracks woukd be ace too

satchm00
    Free Member

N+1 somewhere cheeky

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Summer.. we need summer..

rOcKeTdOg

Mark – Resident Grumpy

I thought you wanted something unique & special, as much as I like Mr Burts work it’s hardly an original idea.

He’ll ask you if you want it made in silver too probably

hilldodger
    Free Member

Oh, a silly little cartoon cover 🙁
    Thought you might do something inspirational rather than use an artist associatd with another publication!
    Oh well it means so much more to you than us so go with your JB reacharound then…….

spawnofyorkshire

Get him to add in someone sat at their desk angrily typing arguments about wheel sizes whilst pretending to work

franksinatra

Mark wearing an orange bra whilst snorting coke off Chipps moobs using a rolled up copy of issue 1.

saxabar
    Free Member

Perhaps something more lateral? What conjoins mtb then and mtb today (and all other pedalling that STWers do) is the search for open spaces and freedom (mental as well as physical).

franksinatra

Perhaps something more lateral? What conjoins mtb then and mtb today (and all other pedalling that STWers do) is the search for open spaces and freedom (mental as well as physical).

Yep, that. With an orange bra and a badger.

lunge

Badgers, I like badgers.

Or, someone shredding the gnar on a 26″ short travel hardtail, smiling like a loon. Ideally they will be giving the finger whilst overtaking someone riding 27.5″ enduro sled.

Or a Mint Sauce keyring, any of the above are fine.

brassneck

A nice big picture of an Audi RS6 ‘making progress’.

dragon
    Free Member

A road bike. Mtbing is so over.

Or under the headline “Why Mtbing sucks in 2015” a table listing all the so called ‘standards’.

Seriously – something that looks to the future and not the past.

franksinatra

Perhaps the best thing is keeping it simple nd representing the freedom and pleasure of simply riding a bike in th coutryside, irrespective of standards, wheel size, technology or forums. It was what Jo always did best with Mint Sauce.

nemesis
    Free Member

The BAN HAMMER!

ton

a photo of Mark, Teej and Fred sharing a nice conciliatory pint of ale.
    with the moto, ‘forget the past, and look to the future’.

😀

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

A Magic Eye/Stereogram square with a hidden message 😀

DezB
    Free Member

STW 100 cover should be a cartoon. Drawn by a roadie. .. Oh.

jam-bo

A nice big picture of an Audi RS6 ‘making progress’.

Past molgrips Passat on the back of a recovery truck?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I just hope there are less photos of un necessary wheelies and tail whipping. There are far too many in issue 99.
    Please leave that sort of thing to mbr and remember your target market.

johnnystorm

I just hope there are less photos of un necessary wheelies and tail whipping. There are far too many in issue 99.
    Please leave that sort of thing to mbr and remember your target market.

Approx a dozen pics that could conceivably fit the wheelie/whip description in an issue of 130 or so pages. Slopestyle Monthly it ain’t. 😆

Is the ST target market exclusively “wheels on the ground”? I’m not really the “jumpy sort” but I don’t want to deny anyone else the pleasure!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack Issue 100’ is closed to new replies.