Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 272 total)
  • Singletrack is just a common thief
  • MrsToast
    Free Member

Unlike Royal Mail (or is it Jamie?) this thread delivers!

There is currently no one working or caring harder in the office right now than Jamie is and he is coping amazingly well.

Pish, I heard he was also responsible for stealing a small robot crab I ordered at the start of December (was delivered Tuesday just gone) and a Kindle case that was due to be delivered 30th December (still not arrived).

AND he shot JFK.

Bregante

Agreed. He must be moonlighting at Amazin cos my new HRM I ordered from them hasn’t turned up yet either

theotherjonv

My copy hasn’t arrived yet. I’m moving all the soft toys towards the edge of my pram in preparation.

Actually it’s not the mag that bothers me it’s the calendar. I’ve still got the one from last year on the bog wall and it’s now January the 7th – which is an UTTER DISGRACE 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We all appreciate your frustration.. in fact we share it with you. But to call us thieves is hugely insulting and I don;t appreciate that at all.

And nor should you have to. TBH I’m mildly surprised you haven’t pulled this thread. I guess the response form the other 99.99% of STWers is the reason why.
    I just sat and waited for mine. It did turn up (Good issue, IMO) but if not, I would have just waited until STW decided to start issung replacements and put my name down for one of those.

The OP really does need to get a grip and grow up.

manton69

Right that’s it. I’m off to Mumsnet for some sanity.

Actually looking at this thread they have on there I think we can add another things that boys do with this item of their anatomy.

please don’t use your willy as a stylus for the DS Lite

rOcKeTdOg

tesco tried to deliver my washing machine 3 times before christmas and the snow defeated them, i had no clean pants!! no that is a problem, one missing magazine is not

i’m going to subscribe just to try and make the ST office a little less stressed today

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

should this thread be in the chat forum?? 😉

lazlo53
    Free Member

gosh, this has been a busy forum. Thanks for your lengthy reply Mark, and even though your £3.12 comment is vaguely trivialising I do honestly appreciate the overall effort. Of course nobody likes to be called a thief, and of course I do accept that none of this was of your own making. But there must be a term that describes the taking of money, paid in good faith (for many more years than your £3.12p would infer), and the none delivery of goods. You might well feel that ‘theft’ is too strong a word, but ‘frustration’ hardly cuts it either. I know it’s a small mag, I’ve bought since issue 1 and subscribed since about issue 10. There’s been delays before, and those have been slightly ‘frustrating’. And at times, so very very few times, it has seemed a little content light. But, through all those years, I have been overwhelmingly astonished by the quality, freshness and great sense of sheer enjoyment that your writers have displayed. Especially Chips. So those minor frustrations have remained just that. Now though Mark, I’ve had enough, a months delay has got to be considered excessive by whatever criteria you choose. Other post continues to get through. I don’t actually believe that you’re a bunch of thieves, that’d be plain stupid, and most definitely insulting. But I also don’t actually believe that the missing issue 62 will ever be delivered. That might not be your direct fault, but it most certainly is not mine. I’ll be in touch wrt cancellation
    regards
    Laurence
    as for the rest, I’m going to work now, you can all sod off, (except for user-removed) your post was hilarious, well done, I’m still laughing now 😀

p7rich
    Free Member

STW, you’ve just won another subsriber, it’s in the post. Negates the one you’ve lost. Job done.

j_me
    Free Member

Ben_mw

Mine arrived eventually, very good it is too. However I can see the problem with people not getting issue 62, as mine claims to be issue 61 November 2010. (I’ve just checked the online version to make sure I’m right too)! So maybe nobody will get issue 62?

Or has this been pointed out before and I never noticed?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wonder what he’d do if it lands on the doormat today?

yossarian
    Free Member

Of course nobody likes to be called a thief, and of course I do accept that none of this was of your own making

well why call him a thief then?

i am happy to reimburse you for your £3.12 as long as you spend it on colonic irrigation

Bregante

Now THATS a flounce 🙂

crazy-legs

I wonder what he’d do if it lands on the doormat today?

Post it back in complaint! 😉

What a great thread, it’s really brightened up my morning.
    The post is all over, there was some stuff delivered to work on the 23rd of December which had been put in the post box on December 2nd.
    I finally had my Wiggle delivery yesterday, 4 weeks after ordering it (although Wiggle had been out of stock of the item for a couple of days as well). Yet other stuff turns up within 2 days.

Very bizarre.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

You’re right of course Lazlo, this whole thing stinks of a huge conspiracy that runs deeper than STW and the Royal Mail. Word has it that Spiderman, believing there to be an article in issue 62 about him skidding his underpants, wished to block the magazine being sent to his girlfriend, Janet (who is a subscriber). As such, he contacted the CIA and got them to fire up HAARP and cause a snowstorm over the UK at around the time that the magazine was due to be sent to the subscribers.

Knowing that Royal Mail would get round to delivering them eventually, he then got the SAS to break into the RM warehouse and hide all the issues under the fridge. But his problems still weren’t over; what if STW put information on the website about how subscribers could get their copy and what was being done about it? So, he sneaked round to Jamie’s house and injected him with a virus that made him lose his voice, and then wrecked the forum’s database tables so that all threads containing any information regarding Issue 62 would be wiped blank.

I am yet to investigate further, but I believe that Chipps, Mark and Postman Pat are all on the payroll somehow.

darrell
    Free Member

and i’ll have you know that my xmas card from the Iron Maiden fanclub only arrived yesterday…..

i have ripped up my front row premium seats for the Iron Maiden gig this summer in protest

cp

it’s really not surprising that stuff posted as things hit the fan have been delayed – they’ll still be at the back of whatever room in a sorting office they got chucked in, and slowly, they’re working towards the back. Even if they can get 5% per day of that back log shifted on top of the standard day to day stuff, it’s still going to take a long while to get through it. There were days on end when post just built up in sorting offices. It’ll take weeks to get through it. RM can’t just take on double the staff and get them all up to speed instantly to shift backlog – just needs everyone to be patient.

philfive
    Free Member

i’ve just found a dummy, does it belong to the OP?

although its annoying i think calling STW thieves is a tad strong, i mean my What Mountain bike has only just turned up aswell.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

lazlo53 – Member

………. Of course nobody likes to be called a thief, and of course I do accept that none of this was of your own making. But there must be a term that describes the taking of money, paid in good faith (for many more years than your £3.12p would infer), and the none delivery of goods.

Yes – fraud. Mind you its not even that at this moment in time
    Its not theft. Simples

maxray
    Free Member

i’m going to subscribe just to try and make the ST office a little less stressed today

Think I might upgrade my digital subs to the real thing. As much as I like being able to read it on my ipad in pdf form it would be better as a proper “app”. It is kind of nice to have the tactileness of the actual mag too which I miss.

uplink
    Free Member

I suspect that RM put a low priority on stuff that is already late & concentrates on mail that isn’t yet late.
    Once it’s missed it’s SLA, it can’t be fixed so may as well put it on a pile somewhere to go back to if & when they have any spare capacity

Otherwise everything would be late & that would give them truly appalling figures rather than just appalling
    That way, instead of mildly pissing off 30 million* people, they really piss off only 2 million*

made up figures 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

For the record, I got some Christmas cards through the post this morning…..

fatmax

i’ve been on the forum years, and i don’t think i’ve come across such a prick as lazlo in this thread. quite a time-wasting rant for such a trivial issue.
    i’m still waiting for mine, will enjoy it when it finally arrives, but it is plain to see what the problem is…and its not the guys at STW.
    MTFU FFS…
    Chipps et al – very professional responses to to what is obviously a pain in the arse thread, i’m sorry that you have to put up with this sort of stuff…

scaredypants

Mine arrived ages ago but now I don’t know where it is

– YOU BASTARDS !!! 👿

Please cancel my subs forthwith, or else add a tracking device to all future issues

chameleon78
    Free Member

My two penneth – last year when my first issue of my new xmas present subscription didn’t turn up I contacted the office and they kindly sent out the issue with some apology gifts. I was very impressed.
    My ‘lost’ issue eventually turned up.

Personally i wouldn’t air my grievance on a forum, you are basically reinforcing the image that ‘forums are full of merchant bankers”.

Like people have said, if not having a magazine is that distressing for you then go out and buy it in a shop, problem solved and you’re out of pocket by ooh £3 or 4 quid.

Seriously for your own sake, take the tampon out release some pressure.

Some of us are struggling to keep our jobs and feed our families….

Mark

Uplink, you are absolutely spot on with your explanation of RM’s crisis strategy and to be fair to them under the circumstances it’s the only way to manage it. of course, they should not have got themselves in this state in the first place.

Lazlo, if that was some kind of mitigation or toning down of your original post and subsequent accusations then it’s not good enough. I hate losing subscribers but in this case refunding yours will be a pleasure.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

For the record, I got some Christmas cards through the post this morning…..

Yeah, I had stuff (A present) from CRC turn up just after Christmas, a couple of cards and a pressie (OK, from Oz) yesterday.

Stuff happens. 🙄

B@rney
    Free Member

What a start to a Friday.!! Brilliant, honestly what a c0ck.. after watching the stw team in action on Sunday at the tod cc race – top blokes. Lazlo man the **** up.

roger_mellie

Good grief. Lazlo, just imagine how much better you would’ve felt if instead of whittering on like a big girl’s blouse blaming entirely the wrong people for a delay, you had gone out for a ride instead.
    The original post was bad enough, but your subsequent back pedaling was truly pathetic.
    Well done STW for the very restrained responses.

Jamie
    Free Member

scaredypants:
    Mine arrived ages ago but now I don’t know where it is

It’s in the bog.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

On a more important note – can anyone lend me a Mint Sauce keyring for a few days?

Harry_the_Spider

Mine arrived in December but I haven’t managed to read it yet.

Should I write to my MP?

rOcKeTdOg

i’d just like to point out that Tesco made it with my washing machine and i now have clean pants just in case anyne eligible is reading 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

I hate losing subscribers but in this case refunding yours will be a pleasure.

Aw, Snap!

AndrewBF
    Free Member

This Lazlo chap should get a new job. If this is how he kicks off and demands action over a £4 mag imagine what he could really do working for Relief Agencies etc.

Haitian Earthquake / Cholera outbreak? Call Lazlo – he’ll kick ass and get things sorted.

Northern Ireland lack of water? Call Lazlo – he’ll kick ass and get things sorted.

Middle East crisis? Call Lazlo – he’ll kick ass and get things sorted.

Working with Iraq / Afghanistan / North Korea to make the world a safer place? Call Lazlo – he’ll kick ass and get things sorted

Mr Lazlo – if it is any consolation my Christmas present from MY OWN PARENTS hasn’t arrived yet. I’ve already started proceedings for a lawsuit against them for emotional abuse on Christmas day when I had no present from them for the first time in my life. I’m also going to make a claim against them for lack of enjoyment of whatever it is they’ve got me. And most of all I’m labelling them as ‘common thieves’ because they stole Christmas from me. I think that trumps your £4 mag problems.

Luminous
    Free Member

Wow !, what a thread….

I feel sorry for the staff at STW towers being branded thieves.

Thats completely out of order and I struggle to understand how a subber comes to writing that here, or anywhere.

I’ve sub’d for yonks, seriously, and I’ve had the odd issue arrive quite late. But I don’t feel that being a long term P-subber should give me greater priority than any other unfortunate STW subber experiencing the same or other problems…….in fact I’d feel embarrassed if my complaining might hinder or delay another subber getting sorted.

But in the grand scheme of things, err, the mag gets to me when it gets to me. In the meanwhile, I’m getting on with, err, cycling and stuff.

Top work by Chipps in trying to explain and smooth things over for a poxy £3.12
    And fair play to Mark for opening my eyes are far as now knowing a little bit more about what goes into getting an issue out to everyone, eventually.
    Quite abviously, Chipps, Mark and Jamie are doing their best against unusual odds, and for what appears to be at some considerable cost to STW/Gofar.

STW are not thieves in my experience and its not really on, to say that they are.

Its up to the OP, but an apology for calling STW theives would be in order I think. And as for whether you really need to cancel your sub, well thats a matter for you I guess.

piha
    Free Member

Wow – top quality thread!! Has made me chuckle.

I’m still waiting for my tax rebate from before Xmas, I’m gonna tell HMRC I don’t want it cos it’s late – that’ll learn em!!!!

wwaswas

Mine arrived in December but I haven’t managed to read it yet.

Should I write to my MP?

Maybe an adult literacy centre could help?

re: the OP

I hope this means he’ll stop posting on the forum now.

Posting on here whislt despising the owners for stealing from him would smack of hypocrisy?

Shackleton

Wow, I mean really, wow. I wish my life was so perfect that the only thing I could find to induce a piss boiling rage was that a magazine was a month late in arriving. Mine turned up 3 weeks late and the worst emotion I felt was mild disappointment. Obviously I need to realign my perspective.

I also find it strange that the OP seems to think that Singletrack are the ones who lost it in the post and therefore is going to punish them. Admittedly it isn’t Lazlo’s fault but neither is it Singletracks, the real culprits are RM who were unfortunately caught out at their busiest time of year by some really bad weather and have yet to get back on track. I think every stroppy, dummy spitting charge levelled should have been pointed at RM rather than STW, so why not take your internet hardman attitude to RM rather than STW towers who, by all account, have been run ragged trying to sort out a mess not of their own making. I also think you should apologise to the crew of HMS Singletrack properly for your misguided, inaccurate and down right insulting comments. You should probably also thank Mark and Chipps for managing to provide polite responses to your comments rather than addressing you in the manner you deserve after your pointless splenic rant.

I hope that when you stop subscribing you also drag yourself away from this forum. I look forward to a nicer happier forum without you.

P

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 272 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack is just a common thief’ is closed to new replies.