Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Singletrack-heavy rides in the North York Moors
  • Brown
    Free Member

Now I get up into the NYM quite a bit and there's some fantastic singletrack up there. BUT, every time I go up, the ride seems to be 80% dull, 20% amazing. Are there any rides where this ratio is the other way around?

I'm really looking for a singletrack-heavy ride. Stuff like Danby Rigg, Two-hows Rigg, Glaisdale Moor.

Everyone bangs on about the Cleveland Way, which didn't seem up to much, and Rosedale, which seems to have been flattened by the farmer.

Any suggestions?

Brown
    Free Member

Anyone?

Pook

dunno, but I'll tell you on Sunday 'cos i'm doing two on the NYMs on Sunday round Rosedale way

keavo
    Free Member

trying to describe a route is difficult. if i'm off work next time your up here i'll guide you. email in profile.

uplink
    Free Member

Plenty to be had playing on the hillside between Sutton Bank & Boltby

crackhead
    Free Member

Have you ridden the "singletrack" medium route from Danby?
    Just ridden it yesterday and it was great. If I were to do it again I would miss out the first loop (ascent and descent) though. Highly recommended.
    thanks Singletrack!

ross980
    Free Member

there's a figure of 8 loop starting at Ruddland Rigg that has some good sections of singletrack that drop from the top the bottom of the valleys. If you want a longer ride the figure of 8 can be linked in with a decent route starting from Chop Gate. I normally log the routes on tracklogs so might have a pdf marked OS map of it somewhere (or might be able to click out a gpx file if I have time) .

myheadsashed

Lords Stones Loop?

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Two-hows Rigg

Rode round there a few years ago and loved that section – from Simon Howe to Two Howes Rigg. Had a laugh climbing out of Goathland up Mill Moor on a SS before being tracked by spooky looking soldiers round Fylingdales perimeter.

Not much help I know but yeah, some cracking stuff in NYM – i'm guessing the cheeky is fun round there but then there's a lot of BW to explore.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack-heavy rides in the North York Moors’ is closed to new replies.