Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Singletrack Electricians – Identify my Strip Light
  • butcher

Up in the loft we have a strip light and it has no bulb. And so I thought I’d put one in. Went off to Google for a quick run down on prices and it seems there are all different sizes and fittings?

Back up in the loft and I’m looking around for an indication of what I need, but nothing. Only a brand name (‘Massive’) on the end.

It is 4 foot long, and the connector looks like this… (it’s approx 12mm from metal pin to metal pin)

Can anyone confirm what bulb I need?

midlifecrashes

Looks like a standard fluorescent tube fitting. In your pic the black plastic collar rotates so you can slide the new one in, then rotate so it doesn’t drop back in. Yours needs rotating 90 deg to get the new one in, do this with one end of the new tube in case it’s permanently live.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/36w-t8-fluroescent-tube-1220mm4ft/invt/162293/
    You might get one cheaper if you go to Screwfix or an electrical distributor.

butcher

Cool. When I looked there was T8s, T12s, T2s, C3P0s…stuff like that. Stuff that I didn’t really understand. Is T8 standard then?

midlifecrashes

There are lots about, true. The T8 refers to 8 eighths of an inch tube diameter, so a T12 is inch and a half wide. T12 getting phased out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack Electricians – Identify my Strip Light’ is closed to new replies.