Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Singletrack Classic Weekender 2012
  • Baldysquirt

Great weekend again. Thanks to the STW folks; Tony Lund and team and all the other volunteers etc. Hopefully not the last. Thanks also to Shimano who replaced my cranks FOC after they were trashed when my bike was used for the pump track challenge.

Well done to Kean (rider 162) for winning the WWGHD? prize; showing exactly what the weekender’s about. Right, now to sort out food and some mentally undemanding TV.

Rockape
    Free Member

Yes fantastic weekend as you say. Well done to everybody who made it a massive success. Good to hear you got your bike fixed. Such an entertaining weekend top laughs and good fun.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Hear hear.

Fantastic weekend(er) again. The weather was so so much better than feared and helped to make it all such a great event. Superb atmosphere and camaraderie amongst everyone there.

Tandem DH runs!

Please do it again next year

ed80
    Free Member

Couldn’t agree more. Cracking weekend. Thanks to all involved.

Simon

Didn’t race this year but was there yesterday and had a great time. Bit sunburnt though 😳
    Thanks for beer Baldysquirt, I would have loved to have stayed for a few more 8)

Mister-P
    Free Member

No worries BS, couldn’t see you bikeless. A top weekend in the sunshine.

watsontony
    Free Member

The tandem dh run was one of the funniest things to watch ever. has no one got a vid? and was it a home made thing? looked like a orange five swingarm

orange225
    Free Member

Apparrantly it’s a custom thing from orange with an old patriot rear

postierich
    Free Member

The rest of the frame was Columbus steel tubing,the Chap made it himself

postierich
    Free Member

Supppose it was ok 😉
    Great weekend of bikes and beer/whiskey and good company
    Funniest moment, the chap that pinched flatted on the drop into the arena and had a potty mouth threw his bike away in frustration only to see it roll away towards a young child, rider runs after it before a collision 😯
    Ouch moment, several people failing on the duck swipe. 😕
    God your mad moment the tandem pair on the downhill respect!
    Pictures soon!

watsontony
    Free Member

pics??? can i have them please

Baldysquirt

Good to meet you Postie and put a face to the name. No takers on the bike?

stavromuller
    Free Member

My first weekender but it wont be my last, it was a proper blast. Many thanks to all at singletrack for a great, fun event but can we have a super vet class next year, please?(I’ll be 60+)

postierich
    Free Member

P7151356

P7141320 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

P7141345 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

P7141343 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

P7141339 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

P7141329 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

P7141326 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

P7141346 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

solarpowered
    Free Member

Next year for me from what you say! Sounds fabulous! Like a good giggle….(and the odd festivonian drink!) 😀

simmy
    Free Member

Hear Hear for another next year.

Only managed to get there today due to work and heard i’d missed a good day on saturday.

Any news on the Lad who was helped by Mountain Rescue ?

Hope he is ok

Clover

It was great! I was proper in two minds about racing but chuffed that I did.

Did anyone get any pictures of my ‘most sketchy descent into the arena’? I practiced the line but when it came to it I missed it completely and was lucky to land upright. 😳

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

What was the deal with the chopper? I was sat after the XC when it circled and landed but I’d seen no bodies etc lying anywhere whilst I was out…

Hope whoever it was makes a good recovery.

simmy
    Free Member

Think it took the lad the mountain rescue helped.

The Ambulance landed in the paddock then went to the Car Park.

Hope he is ok

postierich
    Free Member

A young lad face planted on a drop off not part of the weekend! Lost some teeth lots of the red stuff apparantly

chipps

As above. A non-racer crashed on his face and broke his nose and dented his face a bit. The Mountain Rescue guys took him to the bottom of the hill and called for an ambulance. The chopper seem to have been sent purely because I guess the quarry is a bit of a pain to get an ambulance up to. It wasn’t a life-or-death thing and a road ambulance would have been fine. So hopefully he’s fine by now.

While I’m here, thanks for a great weekend everyone. It’s good to see so many familiar faces and so many people having a laugh, even when struggling round the XC course. Cheers all!

wonnyj
    Free Member

Brilliant weekend razzing about on bikes.

Got the bug for going faster on the DH now, must get faster, must get faster.

Pump track challenge was a highlight too.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack Classic Weekender 2012’ is closed to new replies.