Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Singletrack by Boris bike (for free)?
  • AlasdairMc

I was out on a Boris bike tonight exploring London, and noticed a little ribbon of single track in Mudchute Park near Canary Wharf. This got me thinking:

Are there any decent sections of trail anywhere within reach of the Boris bike stands, where it is possible to get there for free? You’d need the return trip to and from a bike dock to be under thirty minutes all in for it to count as free.

I’m not averse to heading anywhere within range of the bike docks, so is it possible?

Junkyard
    Free Member

STRAVA

AlasdairMc

Too right! Few things in London give me more joy than overtaking someone on a road bike in their Team Sky replica kit while I’m on a 3 speed shopper weighing more than a small car.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Go carefully in Mudchute, there are horses and joggers (me included) using those trails, and they aren’t that long/interesting.
    You could try Greenwich Park but its a bit far for a 30min turnaround init (use the foot tunnel)
    Not a lot else around there, could try Tobacco Wharf along the old docks (Shadwell) area but there aren’t any “trails” just quiet bike lanes away from the Highway.
    If you are bored you could ride the river path from CW into the City along the river front, you can there and back (upto the Tower of London) in less than 30 mins or just use the cycle superhighway from CW through Shadwell onto the Tower or upto Spitalfileds.
    Why not just pull wheelies around Wood Wharf on the AstroTurf and up and down the pontoons?? 😆

AlasdairMc

Thanks for that bikebuoy. I took the superhighway out from the city and back, but was genuinely surprised to find a farm in the middle of London. I’m not one for hammering it on a Boris bike offroad – cobbles are enough for me on the wrists, so just interested to see what was out there.

I may give Greenwich a try next time I’m down.

al

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack by Boris bike (for free)?’ is closed to new replies.