Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Singletrack bikes :(
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Don’t advertise stuff online if you DO NOT have it in stock.
    The only reason I shop online and not in my lbs is because I want it tomorrow or the next day at latest.
    It’s now been 10 days and won’t be using you again.
    Your not very good …..(sh*te comes to mind)
    Rant over……….

legend
    Free Member

Your shite!

Lost all respect for your rant at this point.

angeldust
    Free Member

Lost all respect for your rant at this point.

Due to the swearing, or due to the grammar?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Your not very good

😕

cloudnine
    Free Member

Surely if you need something tomorrow that’s why you drive To the lbs..
    Most online bike sites are actually pretty good mind.

What did you order?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Apostrophes

scandal42
    Free Member

Get off your bloody soapbox

cookeaa

The only reason I shop online and not in my lbs is because I want it tomorrow or the next day at latest.

Sorry but I Reckon you’ve got it backwards. LBS may not have exactly what you want at rock bottom prices, but in a pinch (and for a small premium) they’re likely to have whatever you need thereunder then.

If time is critical don’t shop online. If you want to save a bit and can tolerate more of a wait then use the interwebz.

njee20
    Free Member

^^ this

Your not getting simpathy from me.

Merak

#trollface

SOAP
    Free Member

So how can my lbs be quicker than next day delivery if they do not have said item in stock?
    Probably 3-5 days to get in stock and that’s if they are doing an order that week.

ojom
    Free Member

Was it marked as in stock? If so, mistakes happen.

If not, suck it up.

drovercycles
    Free Member

So how can my lbs be quicker than next day delivery if they do not have said item in stock?
    Probably 3-5 days to get in stock and that’s if they are doing an order that week.

Really? If a customer of ours needed something tomorrow*, and we were able to order it for them, we’d do so. There might be carriage to pay (though we could usually cobble together an order for any of our main suppliers of a sufficient value for free carriage at more-or-less any time) and said customer might need to pay that carriage (depending on the value of what they’re ordering, and how we felt on that day. But I’d like to think we could get anything that’s in stock with our suppliers at least as quickly as “the internet” could, for someone who’s bothered to come and ask us to do so. And we’re not a big shop by any measure.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties BTW.

*not tomorrow at the time of posting, as that would be Sunday, and no-one (not even CRC!) delivers then.

dannyh
    Free Member

Absolutely disgraceful. By that I mean the spelling and grammar on this thread.

Otherwise, my indifference-o-meter is redlining again………

rOcKeTdOg

Lbs

Probably 3-5 days to get in stock

It’s now been 10 days

Er…

chakaping
    Free Member

Really helpful guys and friendly when I used them.

Did you call for a chat about your grievance?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Dave is one of the good guys.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Same experience as the OP. It did eventually arrive, but late enough to be piss boiling. Pretty sure they just set their price to be the lowest on Google to get to the top of the list and achieve it by not actually having any stock.

Weren’t they so bad for doing this at one point STW put a notice up saying they weren’t anything to do with them?

MussEd
    Free Member

I’ve visited their premises – they don’t actually keep much of anything in stock…they process orders as and when they receive them…don’t think they hide this so if you were after next day delivery I’d say you were onto a loser from the off…

pinetree
    Free Member

Singletrack bikes +1. I’ve used them a few times and they’ve been great.

Mistakes happen, so I think it’s pretty unfair to go online and call them shite because of 1 bad experience.

poah
    Free Member

not tomorrow at the time of posting, as that would be Sunday, and no-one (not even CRC!) delivers then.

amazon does for some prime orders 😛

had the same experience as the OP and it wasn’t somthing the LBS would have in stock or at a decent price. If they said it was going to take 6 weeks I’d have looked else where. I cancelled my order and spent a little bit more at another online shop.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s something I have come across with a few of the smaller online stores, it’s much more of an issue when you are tracking down those nearly out of stock items. I’ve ended up paying and then getting refunded for 3 or 4 things over the last few years. The system really falls down when the supplier has no stock but the retailers sales site can’t work that out.

andyrm
    Free Member

Lots of small retailers now work off XML stock feeds from distributors. This feed typically updates every couple of hours. Obviously this creates scope for items to sell out before update time.

It’s fine most of the time and allows smaller operations to survive as they aren’t forced to tie up cash flow in stock that may or may not sell. Very occasionally it goes wrong like in the OP’s case, but it’s just one of those things and certainly not something to flame them for – it’s just modern retail in the combined physical/online space.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack bikes :(’ is closed to new replies.