Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Singletrack around hampshire/wiltshire
  • tyler150
    Free Member

So, having ridden a road bike for the last couple of years and doing my first few rides around the new forest on the roads i decided i wanted to explore some of the off road tracks. long story short i got carried away and now have 150mm enduro bike.

Anyone know of any trails around hampshire/wiltshire that i can build my confidence on? I know about a couple of parks but having not ridden full sus for a couple of years don’t wanna rock up somewhere on my own on a bike that is definitely better than me! if anyone nows of some good single track around hampshire that would be perfect.

scaredypants

I’d say turn up anywhere you like on whatever bike you like

When I moved to the NF I was riding round on a bullit with a dual crown fork

I don’t know of anywhere within the NF that a 150mm enduro bike will be “necessary”, or that will scare the shit out of you (though I don’t know your riding) but you can have some fun in amongst the flattish xc

There’s also moors valley park – the blue trail there is quite good fun if you’re going fast and counts as singletrack in my book. There’s also a “freeride” area close by at watchmoor, though I don’t know what state it’s in

Other way, Lordswood and the pump track’n’shit at southampton sports centre. I think Avon Tyrell also has a pump track and maybe some trails, though I’ve never made it to a bigbikebash to see for myself 😳

cinnamon_girl
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, as above, Tiddles for teh gnar!

The folks behind Tidworth Freeride have done a cracking job up there.

Oh, and keep an eye on this one;
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hampshire-riding

Also, a bit more detail would help! Wiltshire ranges from the savage, rock strewn huckfests of Swindon to the wide open spaces of the Plain. Hampshire has Portsmouth and Basingstoke, but luckily it compensates by having some lovely riding! In short, two big counties there!

scaredypants

What’s tidworth got, flash – not all just massive jumps ? I’m hoping for an OAP section; keep meaning to go up there one day but never do

cinnamon_girl

Frontpage

Edit: no longer at Longleat.

burko73

I bought a steel hard tail after a year or so living in the NF. Just bought a gravel grinder cotic escapade for exploring a bit wider. Not much call for being afraid on a 150mm travel bike round ere…

Swinley and Qecp aren’t so far away if you want more of a test than the moors valley blue (which is a nice trail given the terrain).

There’s some nice natural (old fashioned) bridle way riding on purbeck as well not far into Dorset.

JulianA
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with the ‘stoke, cap’n.

If you really want to see the arse end of this shire you should go to Alton. It’s where hopes and dreams go to die and chavs are there to make it happen. Dreadful place – second only to Farnborough.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack around hampshire/wiltshire’ is closed to new replies.