Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Singlespeeding in the FOD yesterday with KingofSweden (HD Pro)
  • tollah
    Free Member

Great day for it and the trails were riding nicely.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMpSnVBF-ps[/video]

roddi18
    Free Member

Looks quality bud.
    Whats with the bars though?

tollah
    Free Member

I like them and they’re comfortable.

Houns

I like them, i can fit my doughnuts on them to eat as i ride.

oldnpastit

They’re niche. That’s really all that matters 🙂

Ringo
    Free Member

There really comfortable to ride with

hugor
    Free Member

very nice riding. Didn’t think those Jones type bars were good for technical riding but that video settles that.

grum
    Free Member

I love the way you have to announce that you were singlespeeding in the thread title, just in case people didn’t think you were niche enough for just having wacky handlebars. 😛

The trails look fun though.

tollah
    Free Member

Well if we’re getting like that I should have mentioned the wooden handlebar grips too 🙄

bigsi
    Free Member

Nice

Really fancy a trip/weekend down there sometime.

How easy is it to find the trails, i assume they aren’t marked?

tollah
    Free Member

Bigsi, none on the bid are marked and you’ll never find some of them. There’s a new trail just been opened which is nice but if you want to ride stuff like above email me when you’re coming, if I’m free I’ll show you around.

Ringo
    Free Member

youve had a while with that camera now sheldon, how do you rate it as im thinking of getting one to have a play with

tollah
    Free Member

Addictive Ringo! Get one!

Ringo
    Free Member

Ta think I will 😀

Andy-R

Are those Maverick SC-32’s that you’re using? How do you like them?

teacake
    Free Member

Sheldon,

I got myself a set of SC-32s and converted to 29er (with home made wooden blocks). After a bit of fettling (the online tuning guide is spot on) they’re sweet. Experienced a bit of an oil leak from one leg, but after opening it up, found a bit of grass in seal. Changed the oil in the damper to 15w to slow the rebound and compression. Trails in Sweden are super sweet just now – like FoD, but with loads of exposed granite, which I’m loving. Give us a shout if you’ve over in Stockholm and we can show you around.

Andy R – the forks are great, but to get the best out of them you need to be prepared to fettle a bit. This involves no major work, but some of it is a bit scary the first time. eg, I’ve never taken a damper to pieces before. Maverick designed them with user service and maintenance in mind – which is sweet, but means you need to get dirty to tune them perfect.

tollah
    Free Member

Cheers Teacake, not been to Stockholm for a few years now unfortunately have no plans in the immediate future to make it over. SC32 are good forks once they’ve been set up for the rider, standard they’re OK but not the best. I’ve got 2 sets of the SC’s and a set of Ducs.

singlespeedstu

Looks like you took the chicken run at 4.00. The mans line is round the other side of the tree.

🙄 😉

tollah
    Free Member

I’m not a man though Stu 🙄

Andy-R

Thanks for the input on the SC-32’s, fellas.

I’ve just got myself some and although I’ve only had a shortish ride on them, they don’t immediately seem anything out of the ordinary (and I’m used to rigid forks).
    I’ll have to get fettling them, which I don’t mind.

tollah
    Free Member

Faffing is really easy to do on the SC’s I’d change to a 7.5 weight oil for starters!

singlespeedstu

tollah – Member

I’m not a man though Stu

You were very manly the other night when you were pushing back.

Andy-R

tollah – Member
    Faffing is really easy to do on the SC’s I’d change to a 7.5 weight oil for starters!

Would you recommend the change to 7.5W, regardless of rider weight? (I’m about 68kgs.)

Ringo
    Free Member

Are you saying that wokboy might be slightly heavier than 68k? 😉

tollah
    Free Member

Rolls eyes at Stu

Andy yeah I’d give it a go, you could always change it back again to 5wt.

singlespeedstu

tollah – Member

Rolls eyes at Stu

Yep your eyes did roll.

tollah
    Free Member

Lol@ Ringo & Stu

thepodge
    Free Member

The local drunk has a bike with bars like that, he made his out of normal bars and some old bar ends

tollah
    Free Member

The local drunk has a bike with bars like that, he made his out of normal bars and some old bar ends

You live by Stu then Podge?

singlespeedstu

😆

Tollah.

I have no idea where you got them freakybars from but I have to say I bet they saw you coming.

Who the **** would buy a bar like that.

amt27
    Free Member

these are the same trails you recorded a few weeks back, Redbrook DH and Dowies

tollah
    Free Member

Nope the first trail wasn’t on the vid from the other week! Not ridden that one for a couple of months now.

bigsi
    Free Member

Cheers Tollah will take you up on that offer. The guiding bit not the pushing back & other stuff 😆

singlespeedstu

D&D was it. 8)

Looks a bit different that slow. 😛

tollah
    Free Member

🙂 @ Stu yeah

thekingofsweden

Boys ………………zzzzzzz

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I recognise a few of those trails. Happy days! 😀

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Singlespeeding in the FOD yesterday with KingofSweden (HD Pro)’ is closed to new replies.