Viewing 26 posts - 121 through 146 (of 146 total)
  • SingleSpeed – Its pants……
  • Big-Dave
    Free Member

I love riding my single speed mainly because its just good fun.

There are times however when I could do with a few gears to play with so I'm getting a wheel with an Aline hub built up at some point over the summer. As my bike has an eccentric bottom bracket I'll be able to chose between SS and geared on the same bike with only a little bit of work needed to make the change over 😀

wildrnes
    Free Member

Well bigbud as I am the bloke who rides singlespeed with you
    all I can say is
    what a prick

Big-Bud
    Free Member

correction .
    you may ride singespeed but you dont ride with me .

whos the one using foul language .

wildrnes
    Free Member

Glad we got that one sorted

Big-Bud
    Free Member

me too .over

ononeorange

I like mine. Except when I get weird knocking noises from the front.

emac65
    Free Member

SSing's ok now & again,but I prefer my geared bikes.I prefer riding without suspension more than without gears,but again not all the time 8)

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Each t' thar own but t' thar knows happen up norf " 32/16" its t' law and you knows it. My whippet loves running along side my single speed in her new pink collar and I'm sure gears would distract her some what.

fisha
    Free Member

Well, i've just ordered the parts to convert to a single speed. So it'll be interesting to see if I get sore knees or not further down the line. I'm just tired of faffing with the gears.

HTTP404
    Free Member

unless you have problems with your knees already or an "out-of-line" pedal stroke – singlespeeding isn't going to give you knee problems.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not each to their own! It's wrong! Face it! You know it's wrong really, and if you don't you need to be IMPRISONED! FREAKS!

Yorkshire-Pudding
    Free Member

Rode the SS last night in Calderdale of all places! and fully rigid too! There were a big group of us out on lots of different bikes, someone was on an Orange Patriot and looked like he was having lots of fun! I had lot's of fun too it just never occured to me and the guy on the Patriot to stop and argue who was having the most fun and who was on the correct bike for the ride! 😆

Dasha
    Free Member

No it's not it's egg!

Hammer
    Free Member

After a few weeks off the SS and riding geared full-sus, I took the SS out last night….. the road section to the trails took a little longer, but once I hit the trail I wondered what I had let myself in for.. it was barely rideable… but I didn't have any choice and did my best to stay with the geared blokes on the twisty rocky rooty trails… god I suffered, but it was worth it…. today EVERYTHING hurts!
    So the verdict is that SS is perhaps a bit silly, but you get a much better all body workout.. yesterdays ride was more like pumping weights in the gym than spinny riding…

Next ride is sunday, some geocatching with a work-mate, so I'll take the geared bike…. but all my mid-week rides will be SS from now on.

Now.. Where's that fruitcake you mentioned?

Hammer.

This morning I completed my first ever cycle commute. 12 miles on a singlespeed that I bought a week ago, which until 6.30am this morning I hadnt even ridden past the end of my street.

First impressions were faff-free goodness. Only took 20 mins longer than in the car aswell.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Shhhhh ! lets just let this thread die out . SS is a secret, its easy and we don’t want people to find out about it. The new 10 speed kit looks nice…..fruit cake anybody ? Wahahar warhahar 😉

Big-Bud
    Free Member

thats the problem .to me people i know (excluding weirdness) who ride single speed do it to be different.
    if ss is not good enough they have to have a 29er or something equally as stupid.

i rode ss when i was 4 .i hated it then & nothing has changed.
    lets all go buy a cx & really go mad.

bassspine
    Free Member

HTTP404 – Member

unless you have problems with your knees already or an "out-of-line" pedal stroke – singlespeeding isn't going to give you knee problems.

Absolutely agree, the only cycling item that ever gave me sore knees was SPD pedals.

my name is Bassspine and I ride a singlespeed (just not all the time – I like to have a choice)

zaskar
    Free Member

I never got on with SS last year-I hated riding to the trail so slow!
    Great on climbs and stomping hills! Off road it was simple and easy to clean but need a dedicated fram and not a tensioner.

But then again in BMX kiddy days it was bloody awesome!

Wondering what ratio I had…Any bike has its place be it road or mtb or even s s Single sp speed yuk! 😉

thekingofsweden

Cake on the way cherry bakewells ok ?

Good news on all the riding we will be out riding tomorrow without telling anyone what kind of bike it is 😉

X

Hammer
    Free Member

Yupp….

Singlespeed – Pants
    29 inch wheels – Pants
    Cakes – Pants

singlespeedstu

Can anyone tell me where I can find these singlespeed pants?

I had a good look round a few shops on saturday but could only find 8,9 and 10 speed pants.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

The "Niche SS Pant Company" do single speed pants. They have a large front pouch for "Massive Plums" to rest in an two side beer pockets.
    Singletrack feature ? Single speed pant test ? Fruit loaf anybody ?

thekingofsweden

Apparently you can get even get 11x pants system for your pleasure.

I think the bloke who almost put me in a reen on saturday had a fistful of pants and as he tried to grab a them they were either not there or were not as useful as first advertised

Going to get the cherry Bakewells now

X

Hammer
    Free Member

I've given Cherry bakewells some serious consideration, and decided I only like them because they look like Boobies!

😉

I had a word with the wife, asked what she liked best about singlespeeders, she replied… "Buns are good, baps are better, especially when served with a singlespeed sausage!" -Whatever that means!

_tom_
    Free Member

I'm loving my new singlespeed 😛 Wish my mtb was this quiet and smooth!

Viewing 26 posts - 121 through 146 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘SingleSpeed – Its pants……’ is closed to new replies.