Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Singlespeed hardtail – Suggestions/Reviews?!
  • andystorey
    Free Member

Dear All

I’m looking at replacing my charge duster with another SS hardtail with sus forks 100mm of travel will be ample.

I’ve been looking at the Dialled Love/Hate, Sanderson’s Soloist and the Pace RC104. To be honest, the pace is more than I wanted to spend, but I’m currently unsure as to which way I should go either EBB or sliding drop outs.

I’ve had loads of problems with the BB on the charge, and a bad boy before it, and my commute to work normally involves a fair bit of salt on the roads.

So, I’m thinking perhaps sliding dropouts would be better?

Thanks all, I’m really looking forward to some useful feedback!

Andy

Rorschach
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’m really looking forward to some useful feedback!

😆

ontor
    Free Member

Sanderson soloist with an Alfine (sometimes) and its best bike ever IMO.

rOcKeTdOg
    MrSparkle

My Voodoo Wanga is ok.

takisawa2

Nowt wrong with a slidey Inbred TBH.

dickie
    Free Member

I had a Voodoo Wanga & liked it but in the end sold it & bought a Pace RC104 as it was slightly longer & I felt a bit cramped on the Wanga.

The Pace is a lovely looking frame, very comfy ride, although a bit heavy. Also a little expensive compared to the competition but I bought it in a sale for a good bit less than list.

If it was the right size I would be very tempted by the Ti Voodoo D-Jab on the classifieds, Ti light & sliding dropouts.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Voodoo djab.. Awesome bike (can run 100-120, 69er, SS/gears). There’s a lovely one on ebay right now 😀

bm0p700f
    Free Member

Pipedream sirrus has a sliding dropout. I would go with that buit I do stock Pipedream.

Tom83

Love/Hate. Love it! Bought a cheap Whippet frame as a ‘summer frame’ (best excuse i could give the missus). But found myself missing the dialled so rebuilt it. Going cheap atm too if Mike has any left, fire him an email.

The ebb is great, plus the drop outs mean it’s easier whipping the back wheel off i found, when compared to sliding.

james
    Free Member

Sanderson curiously omit the seat tube angle off the website

My life is ‘well slack’. Even with a 100mm fork, a 5mm layback post reversed and saddle moved forward of middle I still find Im too far behind the pedals for good pedalling power
    Head angle is pretty slack too, unlike a duster?

Id size up or at least make sure the effictive top tube length is on the long side for waht you’re used to, so you’ve room to bring the saddle forward.

walla24
    Free Member

voodoo wanga in cherry red…will make you smile like a deranged child

wwaswas

Kinesis decade versa. Love mine with 120mm forks and SS.

Can run it geared too if you want.

Nipper99
    Free Member

if you go for a Versa make sure you get the upgraded version of the frame which has the thicker seat tube.

Cheezpleez

I have an Inbred. It’s very good and incredible value. Slot dropouts just work. I’d like to try a Sanderson but isit easy to adjust that BB? Doesn’t it need a special tool?

andystorey
    Free Member

many thanks for the input! I’m wiser, but stil haven’t made a decision!

adrianmurray
    Free Member

Please clarify on problems with BB due to salt. Is it the BB having problems or the EBB? Inference is EBB but post reads BB.

You do a road commute on a SS? Must be a fairly sedate pace?

Oh, and +1 Love/Hate.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I have the 29er Pace and love it,

another bike to look at would be the Surly 1×1. simple solid and really good value.

drofluf
    Free Member

Singular Swift FTW

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

Looking at a similar build myself, I guess it’s between the Pipedream sirius and the Love/Hate for me. Both give options to go geared at a later date. Has anyone compared the 2, one is obviously cheaper, but how do they fair on quality and weight?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Singlespeed hardtail – Suggestions/Reviews?!’ is closed to new replies.