Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Singlespeed CX Disc
  • cycles-goff
    Free Member

Thinking of building up a new race bike for the new ‘cross season – have been using a day one frame with canti brakes for a good few years and wondered if anyone has thoughts on a lighter disc SS race bike or frame. Have seen the Spot Rallye but f&f seems a bit steep at £950 for alu? Apologies this is a bit niche…

cheers

ssboggy

Was recently (not too seriously) thinking about this, have you looked at a White Industries eno eccentric rear hub? This then opens up pretty much any frame, the other option is to get a PF30 eccentric bb into a suitable frame.
    Most ss specific cross frames seem to be steel as you’ve probably found out.

jonba
    Free Member

Limited options.

Evans had one on the pinnacle brand but maybe not that light

john_l
    Free Member

V limited choice. Best option, IMO, us to get a frame with a PF30 shell & run an eccentric.

plus-one

I can’t seem to post pics direct from Flickr anymore via iPad/phone since last update 🙁

Anyway scroll through this thread I built up a lovely ss cx carbon job 18 months ago and ride it weekly and race it too ..

Frame/fork is from speeder cycling(bb30) to allow eccentric from beer components ..
    Hope/stans iron x wheels and trp hylex brakes with smattering of lightweight bits 🙂

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/show-us-your-singlespeedfixed-wheel-bikes-please

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Only one I like really is the Swobo Scofflaw SS, check it out on Charlie the bike monger’s site, – he is having difficulty getting hold of them though as Swobo put a 7month wait on them and still waiting.

I skipped the Swobo idea and went SS titanium 29er as I came to the realisation that I don’t suit the roady type focus of those types of frames.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

or the Aluminium Salsa Warbird and then convert to SS.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

or again the All City Nature Boy disc.

john_l
    Free Member

He’s after a race bike 🙂

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Argghhhh, I don’t know the difference 🙄

waves to the roady gang 😆

nickwatson
    Free Member

Niner RLT? Lovely looking but expensive.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So. Much. WANT!

$1550 or so in the US. My contacts at Raleigh in the UK say they won’t have anything like it. 🙁

benji
    Free Member

The mud clearance on the spot is atrocious, it’s more disc braked commuter than race bike. Raced a Niner RLT successfully last year, no problems, nice handling frame, even comes with plugs to plug up the cable holes.

cookeaa

Older list but might be some useful leads :
    http://sscx.me/single-speed-cyclocross-bikes/

plus-one

That’s the very page that led me to mine .. The muese/asylum frame is what I have via China 🙂

cycles-goff
    Free Member

Thanks for your comments. that raleigh looks bang on…. shame.

benji will take a look at the niner, thanks for the post.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

that raleigh looks bang on…. shame.

Indeed. It’s such a good looking bike, such a good spec, and well, I just WANT ONE!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Singlespeed CX Disc’ is closed to new replies.