Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Singlespeed conversion.
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

It happened to me!! 🙂
    Could never see the point, but couldn't think what to do with my little old 1996 Kona Fire Mountain and as loads of others locally have been extolling the virtues of going sans shifters, thought I'd see what all the fuss was about.

It's so quiet! 34:18 ratio is just perfect for all the little local rides. I'm utterly loving it 🙂

An influencing factor might be that this weekend is the first I've felt able to go out on my bike since being diagnosed with post viral fatigue a month ago.

Happy, Happy, Happy!!! 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its that post viral syndrome – its rotted your brain. Next thing it will be rigid forks and v brakes!

Seriously – glad to hear you are feeling better 🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

Already got the v brakes 🙂 Time for Cantis?!

Thanks Teej 🙂 x

rOcKeTdOg

amazing what taking the gears off can do, suddenly i find i have time to look at the scenery rather than faff around with gears etc

glad you feel like riding again 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

It's just a phase – you'll soon grow out of it.

Good to hear you're healing. Remember not to rush it!!!!

jojoA1
    Free Member

I did "ghost shift" up as I was spinning out on the flat a few times (what would you call it when you go for the gears but they aint there?!) but soon got used to it. It's the lack of rattley derailleur and chain noises I like. I think it's going to improve my slow handling skills too.

Only did 10 cruisey miles and a little bit of a play in the woods, so not pushing it. 🙂

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Great to hear you're on the mend!

If things continue on their current trajectory, you'll be looking for a partner for the Puffer Lite next weekend!

angryratio
    Free Member

Keep it up..
    had similair health concerns myself.
    Take it easy.. i.e. walk before running and eat and sleep well. Don't over do the beer for a while.

trail_rat
    Free Member

dont worry jo – its normal – ive just about got jayne cured of the gear illness too ….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Singlespeed conversion.’ is closed to new replies.