Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Singlespeed boost
  • bruceonabike
    Free Member

I ride a singlespeed setup, call me nuts but I enjoy it and the trails around me are fairly flat so it just suits.
    My main ride is a Stanton Sherpa in 29er mode. It doesn’t have an eccentric BB so I have the horizontal swopouts and use a DT Swiss RWS QR skewer to hold the wheel in place.
    Now I want to try some 27.5+ wheels and it seems to make sense to go for a boost hub, if I can make it fit. So the question is can I get a hub which takes a 5mm QR skewer and can I get a skewer long enough for 148mm? (sorry that’s two questions) Cheers

tomhoward

Happy to be corrected, but I’m pretty sure all boost hubs are 12mm through axles.

edd

You can get a QR boost but it is 141mm wide…
    (Same hub as 148 boost but QR end caps – same relationship as 135mm x QR to 142mm x 12mm through axle.)

dovebiker

Assuming your current frame is 135/142mm OLN, then your first problem with a boost hub is that the brake disc will be 3mm outboard. Struggling to see what any benefit from boost would be in this case?

bruceonabike
    Free Member

The Sherpa frame is actually 145. Designed that way to flex either in or out by 3mm to 142 or 148.

edd – tell me more about that 141 QR boost – I didn’t quite follow what you were saying. And who makes/where can I get it?

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Singlespeed boost’ is closed to new replies.