Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Singlespeed Advice
  • DaveE

I am new to the world of singlespeeds and was running 32-20 on my 29er, but as the freewheel is in need of replacement i was wondering whether to by a cheap dicta freewheel or go for an upgrade.
    Noticed that the Shimano ones don’t go up to 20t

tazzymtb

go for a W.I one and get years of trouble free singlespeedy fun. there is the odd story of ones with less than amazing longevity, but even they still outlast loads of shimano, dicta, acs ones

takisawa2

As Tazzy said.

IMAG0334 by pten2106, on Flickr

tazzymtb

oooo takisawa2 if you use the evil that is facebook, go and have a looky at one cog cycling….i think you may approve of it’s singlespeedy non twatty piss taking stylee.

Keef
    Free Member

a big up to WI freewheels,and to one cog 😆

jameso

Brick lane bikes do some good ones from a company in Taiwan, kind of halfway between a Shimano one and a WI. I’ve not used them, but they looked good when I saw them and I was told BLB bring them in.

http://bricklanebikes.co.uk/blb-components/Transmission%20Components

wisepranker
    Free Member

On the subject of singlespeeds, what’s the best tensioner to use with a normal frame converted to run as singlespeed?

tazzymtb

if you want to do it nicely, so it doesn’t look like ming and drop the chain like most dangly adapters do, a trikstuff excentrikser to make a mini EBB

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Singlespeed Advice’ is closed to new replies.