Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Singlequackworld – STW quacks do your best…
  • perthmtb
    Free Member

Its not the best place to be asking for a ‘diagnosis’ and you should wait for the report, but IMHO I would say you’ve got a nice case of degenerative disc ‘disease’ or lumbar disc degeneration there. There’s moderate to severe narrowing of the L5/S1 disc space with subchondral sclerosis (the white stuff) of the vetebral end plates. Its possible you’ve also got some modic changes (swelling/oedema) going on in the vertebrae too and a potential disc prolapse/bulge with bilateral nerve root compression at that level given the symptoms you describe (pain down the backs of your legs). An MRI would show this in more detail so I’d have a chat with your GP or neuro/ortho consultant about that.

It’s not the end of the world so don’t worry too much. Obviously its painful but your consultant/GP should discuss the options with you.

I would recommend time off sitting at a desk (it will be crucifying that disc) and spend some time lying on your back with an ice pack underneath you 20-30 mins at a time every 1.5-2 hours. But don’t put ice or a cold pack directly on your skin – you’ll get ice burn.

Obviously all IMHO so don’t take this as a definitive diagnosis or owt.

No, I’m not listening… I’m riding my favourite trail, the sun is shining, I’m younger and fitter, you’re all getting very faint… Wow these new pain meds are really good…

mulv1976
    Free Member

You’ll probably find that riding or walking might help. It’s sitting on your arse all day that screws your back up…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s sitting on your arse a bottle of cod liver oil all day that screws your back up…

parkesie
    Free Member

Looks like a sticker to me.

Kiril
    Free Member

You have a very similar set of symptoms to mine 4 years ago. I couldn’t sit, walk for more than 5m and was in constant pain. The MRI was conclusive and I ended up having an op….but I’m mostly good now if I keep up my core exercises

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Singlequackworld – STW quacks do your best…’ is closed to new replies.