Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Singlepumpworld….
  • Big-M
    Free Member

managed to pick up a puncture on today’s commute, changed the tube, got the tyre half inflated then my pump broke.

So what do I get to replace my Old Blackburn Mammoth, it was great, ideal for big MTB tyres as it shifted lots of air and had a comfy handle.

Ant recommendations?

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i’ve got a truflo mini track pump for out on the trails… and it’s dead good… there endeth my review 8)

for the garage/back of the car i have a Bontrager Charger.. but that’s not really the type of thing to carry out on the trail!

sandwicheater

If size is of little concern I’d recommend the topeak mountain morph. Bit fiddly if you have presta and schrader valves.

Big-M
    Free Member

Not overly fussed by size at it’ll be in a rucksack for commuting and a Camelbak on weekends.

These both look good.

Milkie
    Free Member

I’m pretty impressed with the Lezyne HV Micro Floor pump, its actually quicker than my £10 big floor pump, looks pretty nice too.

nickjb
    Free Member

Big fan of my mountain morph. It is big but it is very good at inflating tyres. Worth the trade off.

As you have found out, avoid Blackburn as they tend to break just when you need them. Mine broke, got replaced under warranty, broke again, replaced again, then I gave up.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I have a mountain morph and the lezyne above. Both are fast, the lezyne is lighter, but very occasionally you can unscrew the presta valve when removing the pump head from the tube.

Overall I prefer the lezyne.

IA

What broke on the mammoth? Mine broke ages ago but I got a spare bit off ebay cheap enough.

Having said that, I also have a lezyne and it’s much better. So get one of those.

Big-M
    Free Member

The plunger broke on my Mammoth today, that said it’s 10 years old or more… so happy enough with that as a lifespan on a pump.

velosam
    Free Member

I must be a wuss but the handle of the lezyne is not as nice to grip as the toppeak one, but a great pump. On the HP one, it takes about 90 pumps to get up to a 100 psi.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Singlepumpworld….’ is closed to new replies.