Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Single track wellie world – recommendations ?
  • simmy
    Free Member

Never thought I’d reach a stage where I post this but since getting a dog, I’m doing loads more walking.

I’ve not had any wellies since I was about 5 years old so is it a case of they are all the same just go and get some or are some more comfortable than others ?

Can’t cope with the mud over the shoe treatment any longer after this mornings walk

I’m size 10 in trainers etc if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve not had any willies since I was about 5 years old

*post reported for mentioning winkies and being a rudey*

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve not had any willies since I was about 5 years old

*post reported for mentioning winkies and being a rudey*

Bloody predictive text 😳

Thanks for spotting that – sorry !!!!

Edited 😯

dashed
    Free Member

Aigle for comfort and function.
    Le Chameau for posing.

Awaits flaming from lovers of the camel 😆

z1ppy

Indeedy, aigle are seemingly lasting my g/f very well, and came in purple (prerequisite for her), and are well used.
    Dunlops for the cheap and cheerful option.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I do actually have a pair of Camels…. very comfy. They were a pressy though.

drlex
    Free Member

FWIW, I get five years good use out of these lined Toggis before they split. Avoid Hunter at all costs; Aigle or Chameau if you can affords them.

daftvader
    Free Member

I was in a similar position to yourself. .. ended up getting a pair of leather rigger boots with composite toe cap not steel
    link!
    good for a 10k walk, breathable and pretty waterproof. I have started to nicwax them now tho after almost a year

Bunnyhop

If you’re minted go for dubarry, not quite a wellybob as such, but a great all weather, warm water proof boot. Which will last for many years if looked after. http://www.dubarryboots.com/

idghost
    Free Member

What about some riggers?

Cheap wellies are terrible to walk in imho, at least with riggers you get a decent sole and fur lined versions will keep your feet toasty in winter 😉

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Simon,
    I asked this question about 5 months ago, walking the dog twice a day and preffering dry feet to wet.

After the initial shock on price I went for Seeland boots, £45.00 which seemed a decent mid point. Really comfortable and great until two weeks ago when the moulding between the sole and upper split. I sent them back yesterday as a manufacturing defect and I’m hoping for a refund rather than replacement.

I’m now contemplating Muck Boot Muckmasters on the basis that the sole into uppers moulding looks far more robust, £90ish.

Also contemplating industrial Dickies Rigger boots, some are rubber, some leather.

Edit: Few recommendations for Riggers whilst I was typing !

xcgb
    Free Member

I asked same question. went for Muckboots in the end, and can say they are great, a little warm in the summer but i love that they have a hands free on off system which is good. the wear is an issue though as mine have worn a fair bit on the soles but i do use them at least twice a day every day.

warmest feet in the winter that i have ever had, even when wading across streams long wet grass etc

bikebouy
    Free Member

I use Muck Boots on the farm.

Nothing comes close to warmth nor comfort.

If you do go down the Hunter route go a size bigger and get the thermal lining sock.

sweepy
    Free Member

I finally gave up on cheap copies and got a pair of Muck derwents. Comfy and warm, pleased so far after a couple of months. They are a little clumpier than the cheapies under a canoe thwart tho.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Muckboots +1 or for about 40 quid look at neoprene fishing wellies like these
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=290620192373&siteId=3&isClassified=false

Much better to walk in

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

It’s got to be these..I had a pair as a kid. 🙂

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

xcgb

How long have you had yours and are they the Muckmaster ?
    That model appears to have a large moulded section on the heel for removal.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Single track wellie world – recommendations ?’ is closed to new replies.