Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Single track reader awards..
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Some rather odd bike choices in there..

Stif morph as one of best bikes under 2.5k for example..

Imo only of course..

ajantom

I’m more shocked by the bikes over £2500….I must be out of the ‘cost of new bikes’ loop, because I don’t get how an Orange full-sus bike starts at £4300 😯

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Brexit innit?

DickBarton

The find out more links don’t link to anything…so not much help when trying to decide what the best picture is, etc…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

So can you only choose one of the things they nominate?

DickBarton

Yes, they asked for suggestions for the top already…this is what came out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Amusing Poster of the Year – Perchypanther. Consistent chuckles.
    Most Likely To Ask the Forum For Advice Award – Kryters, gawd love ‘im!

😉

rOcKeTdOg

Most threads killed

*nominates self*

tomhoward

So can you only choose one of the things they nominate?

Nominations are (were) submitted by readers

flashinthepan
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member 
    Most threads killed
    *nominates self*

Thread still going, so you lose

benpinnick

We’re nominations submitted by readers? About a week ago there was a post saying you (read me) needed to start a twitter campaign using the # Straw17 to garner ‘nominations’, I’ve just go back from hols (and blasting trails for 4 days – so much fun 🙂 ) and it’s all over. I suppose there’s always next year!

Saves on hotel bills I guess 😉

ebennett

I don’t get why the HB160 is nominated for best bike over £2500? Sure, it looks nice, but isn’t the idea that we’re voting (at least in part) based on our experience? Can’t imagine more than 1 or 2 readers has actually tried one (or can afford one!).

nbt

yep, I’d like to remind myself of the articles before I vote

I’ve not yet tried to vote but I hope I’ll be able to ust enter a vote for the categories where I have a useful opinion, e.g. I last bought an MTB brand new about 8 years ago, therefore I have no useful opinion on ANY of the “best bikes” categories. I could just enter a vote anyway but that kind of defeats the object…

MSP

Most Likely To Ask the Forum For Advice Award (“for someone else, it’s only hypothetical honest I don’t know why you are all assuming it is me”) – Kryters

DickBarton

You can just vote for what you want, but you need to vote on everything to enter the prize draw…so either vote honestly or go for the prize…

nbt

I did discover the articles giving more detail, and i did vote honestly. Feedback for the stw crew though…

gavstorie
    Free Member

STW Reader Awards are pointless..

how can a bike thats only just been released, and probably only ever been ridden by a handful of people, be considered for an award. ?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Lots of ‘on trend’ bikes nominated. Nothing from here likes of spesh, yeti, giant etc

Wonder why..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Single track reader awards..’ is closed to new replies.