Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Singletrack classifieds and eBay type ratings
  • lazybones
    Free Member

Do we need eBay type ratings on the classifieds or is this just silly chat,is it even possible to do?

Jamie
    Free Member

Whether we need it, or not, you ain’t going to get it.

lazybones
    Free Member

It’s silly chat then.

Jamie
    Free Member

No, not at all.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Gets talked about pretty regular. Never been done despite it obviously working well on other forums.

chakaping
    Free Member

I wouldn’t do it if I was “them”.

lazybones
    Free Member

Why because it’s too complicated or too much trouble sorting disputes out,or maybe we just don’t need it.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be as easy as starting a thread in the chat forum with feedback from experiences?

lazybones
    Free Member

Don’t think that pinkbike do it I could be wrong though.

chakaping
    Free Member

because it’s too complicated or too much trouble sorting disputes out,

basically yeah, resources

people could start putting feedback in FS adverts after buying something – but they can’t be bothered

thered

Just post on the advert thread saying you had a good/bad experience, visible for all in history’s then.

lazybones
    Free Member

It may become necessary in the future to ensure that those who aren’t playing fair are weeded out,it’ll be sad day when it happens though.

stevied
    Free Member

If i buy something off here I try to leave a message on the seller’s post saying good/bad etc.
    When I sell something, I ask that the buyer does the same. Very, very rarely do they..
    I think it would need to be a very simple, one click, system for it to work. A bit like the ‘reputation’ button on mtbr.

lazybones
    Free Member

I have to be honest and say all the items that I have bought and received from the classifieds I’ve been more than happy with,however I can only comment on the ones that I’ve received !!!!!

njee20
    Free Member

It may become necessary in the future to ensure that those who aren’t playing fair are weeded out,it’ll be sad day when it happens though.

Why? It implies there’s an onus on STW to ‘vet’ people. If scammers start outweighing real posters then it’ll just get pulled, or it’ll kill itself as no one will use it. It’s purely caveat emptor at the moment, STW are understandably reticent to get too involved.

Personally if we were to introduce rules for the classifieds, I’d far sooner have a “20 post minimum” before you can see them. As said, there’s a perfectly reasonable metric for feedback – by posting on previous threads.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack classifieds and eBay type ratings’ is closed to new replies.