Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Single speeding
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Went out for a local ride last night after one of my mates text me mid afternoon.

Local woodsy trails & single track, ridden on a steel single speed HT from an English/British company and ended the night with a couple of pints of locally brewed (in a micro brewery 2 miles from the pub) ale.

I fear I may be turning into a single speeder, only thing missing as far as I can see is the questionable facial hair, although I could do a ncie line in Wiggins style sidies 😆

So here’s a picture of said bike, leaning against a pagoda at said pub

Went out again this morning, both riding buddies on geared HT’s and despite having one in the bike shed, went for the SS again and spent 4 hours blatting round the forest 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well done. Gears are for LOOSERS

KINGTUT
    Free Member

and **** **** ****.

donsimon
    Free Member

Highly addictive and great fun. Singlespeeds are ace.

ahwiles
    Free Member

loosers or losers?

really, standards…

miketually
    Free Member

No, he mean’t loosers.

Singlespeeds are for loosers. Fact

tazzymtb

I’m sorry but you can’t enjoy yourself on a single speed. You are only doing it because you are fat and slow and like beer and it makes you feel all niche and special*

* according to the STW forum consensus amongst body armor wearing geared trail center warriors, so they must be right 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

Tazzy, I couldn’t agree more 😆

Would it be better if I wore knee pads and ate only organic mung beans?

vdubber67
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member

I’m sorry but you can’t enjoy yourself on a single speed. You are only doing it because you are fat and slow and like beer and it makes you feel all niche and special*

* according to the STW forum consensus amongst body armor wearing geared trail center warriors, so they must be right

I’m skinny, quick and teetotal (and have two SS bikes) 🙂

tazzymtb

Vdubber you can’t say things like that, you’ll give us all a bad name.

Next someone will pop up saying that they actually enjoy riding with only 1 gear, silly wheel sizes or god forbid a stiff frontage and the reality as we know it will cease to function.

This is a FACT as I’ve read it in that temple of SS haters that is MBR, although one of them did a complete about face and ended up at SSEC10, he must have had a mid-life crisis or something

Del

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    what happens if you wear knee/elbow forearm guards while riding a ss?
    purely for hypothetical reasons, you understand….
    😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Del – Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    what happens if you wear knee/elbow forearm guards while riding a ss?
    purely for hypothetical reasons, you understand….

You explode in a mass of contradictions and spluttering

tazzymtb

LOL at TJ 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Love my SS road bike and am probably converting my mtb to it this week or next 🙂

tazzymtb

_tom_ come and play off piste on the chase with some fellow one gear beardies, we’ll look after you.

_tom_
    Free Member

I rode the Monkey again today and was a bit bored by about halfway round, is the off piste you speak of more interesting?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Dont go into the woods with tazzy- whatever you do- he will hurt you 😆

tazzymtb

thanks for that POP! do you want me to build your singlespeed so you can come out night riding this week 😉

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Yep could do with some garage time!
    Will drop you a text

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Single speeding’ is closed to new replies.