• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bfw.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Single Speed from Halfords C2W?
  • bfw

Hi,

my wife needs help!! 😉

We have a deadline for next week to place a order for her cycle to work scheme. she wants a steel single speed for commuting/training, no retro looking track bikes, no flat bars just a plain looking single speed bike. Next problem every bike we call up to Halfords C2W people to source, they cant get, even though they say they can get everything…

anyone been through this, or can suggest something for us to try/look at?

cheers,

Mark

druidh
    Free Member

Lots of LBSs can supply via the Halfords scheme.

Houns

halfords don’t state they can get ‘everything’ who does your wife work for, can check to make sure they have been given the right info

trail_rat
    Free Member

yeah your right houns – it states on the posters we have at work “we can get most brands” – key word being most but “most” of their supply lines have been shut down.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I got a Kona Paddywagon a few years ago from Halfords. Nice little bike. Eyelets for mudguards and racks too.

RickyRah
    Free Member

The Boardman SS always looks decent enough. I assume they still make it.

bfw

seems the ten odd people we have been speaking to on their helpline have not been very helpfull, thanks Druidh for your post, we questioned them on the next call and low and behold a list a LBS we can source a good steel framed SS 🙂 result.

Boardman SS is alloy and has no brakes, steel and brakes are a must, must admit the Boardman bike is a nice looking bike..

Pearson and Condor can supply through the Halfords C2W scheme.. fantastic 🙂 Job done. Thanks guys.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Single Speed from Halfords C2W?’ is closed to new replies.