Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Single-sided sleeping bags
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t mean blanket, of course – I mean those bags that only have stuffing on one side and a layer of Pertex on the other. Anyone use one regularly? Do you miss the stuffing on the other side? What mattress do you sleep on?

trail_rat
    Free Member

fine till you roll over.

I see a quilt being better for this.

i went with a pipedream 250 at 625grams rather than the rab quantum top bag for 454 grams.

then i dont get a cold back when i turn over 😀

GregMay
    Free Member

Top bag – great if you don’t roll much – useless for me sadly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

I have a Rab q-top. Can’t remember if I slept in it, I tihkn I did once maybe on a polaris challenge.

I’ve learned to roll over inside my bag anyway, because my other light bag is under-stuffed on the back anyway so I always got a cold arse. I think the idea is to put the sleeping mat inside anyway, isn’t it? Therefore forcing it to stay top-side up. I’d probably use a silk liner with it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

must be more meat on a butchers pencil then . i cant turn over inside most lightweight european bags – and im not exactly “large” – although i am tall but im no broadshouldered 50% share holder.

my northface winter bag is no issue though.

molgrips
    Free Member

It takes a bit of a wriggle. I suppose I don’t turn over much during the night, I guess. Having said that IIRC it wasn’t the best night’s sleep for a variety of reasons 🙂 I think that was the infamous night of the balloon bed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Single-sided sleeping bags’ is closed to new replies.