Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Single ring specific HT2 style cranks arms that don't cost the earth and ..
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

are not dead heavy, got £80 to spend and want to be able to use a shimano BB

rob-jackson
    Free Member

nowt?

br
    Free Member

I bought a Shimano LX triple for my son’s bike from Merlin last month, £50. Took the spare rings off. Also came with a BB.

catfishsalesco
    Free Member
    Duane…
    Free Member

Why single ring specific?

If you are happy to go second hand, should be able to get some SLX arms for around £50-60, or new shape XTs for £80-90.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

still looking

FuzzyWuzzy

Kinda depends hat ring size you want as well, I couldn’t find anything suitable when looking for one to replace the low end one on my SS 29er (33T, although would have made do with 32T)

chriswilk
    Free Member

I got a new SLX chainset from Rose bikes for that money, with BB also.
    not single specific, but very good for the money.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’ve a chain guide that won’t work if the chainset has inner ring mounts, maybe a reason the OP wants single-ring specific.

Bit of a pain to have to hack the inner ring mounts off.

Northwind

Truvativ do some I think, sure I’ve seen them languishing in the CRC clearance sales. False economy though, you’ll end up spending a fortune on BBs with them.

warpcow
    Free Member

Deore is the best you’ll get cheap if you change the rings. Surprisingly light bare arms, even compared to other brands higher end offerings. I’d reckon on £45-ish for the chainset, minus £20-ish for selling the rings, and plus £15-20 for a cheap FSA DH chainring.

Wiggle has some Race Face Atlas in the sale, but I think they’re all 83mm BBs. And they’re heavy too.

sprocker
    Free Member

mate got a set of Zee ones from rose for about that money, not to bad weight wise and look pretty good to.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Whats the weight difference between deore and zee?

sprocker
    Free Member

I have held the zee and they did not feel to bad I think Shimano claimed weight is about 900g (not sure if that includes bb etc). My mate sold the 36 ring as well for £15 so bit cheaper still if you have one already.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Tweeks are doing them for £83 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Single ring specific HT2 style cranks arms that don't cost the earth and ..’ is closed to new replies.