Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • single malt – anyone tried Cardhu?
  • jools182
    Free Member

Just perusing the whisky section for another bottle

never heard of this one before, anyone tried it?

Is it good?

onehundredthidiot

A bit of a ladies malt. Very gentle speyside.

jools182
    Free Member

ahh, not for me then

cheers

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member
    rudebwoy
    Free Member

ahh, not for me then

you need some of Lidls’ Highland Fling !

spawnofyorkshire

it’s a little bit sweet and very little if no peat to it. I believe it’s one of the constituent whiskies used to mix Johnnie Walker Blue (although they are worlds apart). Probably best used to introduce new users to whiskey

I’ve now broken myself from drinking cardhu after nailing almost an entire bottle one night after a session in the pub.

jools182
    Free Member

I like a bit of peat and smoke, so its definitely not for me

mt
    Free Member

it’s excellent. I may wander off to try other things but it good to come back to. Great little distillery as well, work a visit. Tamdhu is next door and also worth a try. Classic light Speyside, quiet good before a meal.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

ladies malt

Not according to my OH, she dismissed it as pointless.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Yup, I quite like it, but I do prefer a bit more ‘oomf’ in my malt. Very easy to drink though, which can be dangerous 😆

rosscopeco
    Free Member

I’m finding my tastes for a tipple are changing to the more subtle side of malt. Don’t get me wrong I love a good peaty / smoky malt but as I ‘experiment’ I’m beginning to really enjoy some of the more subtle flavors that the some so called bland malts have. IMHO if I’m just having a couple then a good Talisker / Lagavulin / Bowmore hits the spot…if it’s going to be more than a couple then a peaty & smoky one can be a bit over powering. I’ve just had a bottle of Bruichladdich Rocks which is unpeated…VERY yummy. I’m getting thirsty… 😉

spawnofyorkshire

very very dangerous in my case. I ended up in that state where i had tunnel vision and can remember a lot of what happened that night, i just couldn’t speak or move.
    My friends amused themselves by asking me questions all night to absolutely no response apart from my eyes moving to look at them 😯

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘single malt – anyone tried Cardhu?’ is closed to new replies.