Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Single day tours in Morzine?
  • JimmyB
    Free Member

Does anyone know of a company in Morzine who can provide a days MTB cycling tour?

Out here with family who don’t cycle & itching to get up the hills for a day! Mostly dc but wouldn’t mind pushing it a bit.

Most places seem to be just hiring bikes or taking ready made groups around!

🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

You don’t need a guide for a day, there are plenty of marked trails. Search the other threads here.

JimmyB
    Free Member

Cycling on my own a bit lonely & loved ones not happy about it for safety. You’d think I could at my old age!

boltonjon

Go to Activities Morzine, 469 Avenue De Joux Plane

Best way to find it is find the road past the Pleny lift (keep it on your right)

Its about 200 yards down on the right hand side. There’s a chap there called Guillaume who provides good guided ride – just be sure to explain clearly what type of riding you want to do

mk1fan
    Free Member

Lionel is, in a non-gay way, brilliant. €225 for the day and great value.

Call him a pussy in a piss pot or say Stewart gave you his number. He’s had a cancelation for Friday although we’ve arranged to meet at Mamo’s in Les Linderets for lunch on Friday so make sure your plans include that.

JimmyB
    Free Member

Many thanks guys, great help there!

forge197
    Free Member

Another vote for Lionel and lunch at Mamos in Les Lindarets

Post Ride Beer

At the top

Bikes

Happy Days

makkag
    Free Member

I get out there on Sunday and me and three others are doing a days guided riding on Monday , if you are still around then you could join in ( Allthough we are starting off in Les Gets at 9-30 so you would have to catch an early lift up) We are going to be doing all mountain and less used singletrack decent though , if you are looking for an XC day out , might not be to your tastes .. but then again i have never had a guided ride around there so may be talking out of my arse !

JimmyB
    Free Member

Cheers Makkag but home on Monday, have a good yomp though.

Managed to get out today up in Avoriaz, 3hrs trying my hand at DH stuff with Guillaume at Evolution2 up there. All because the wife wanted to try Golf & just got talking to him as I didn’t want to cramp her style.
    Absolutely brilliant fun, all protection, bike & lift passes for €50!

Bike was a laugh, you’d be shocked if I let on that the left brake handle fell off but nothing duct-tape couldn’t handle! Ha ha.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Single day tours in Morzine?’ is closed to new replies.