Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Single clamp grips – Any good?
  • mrplow
    Free Member

I have been looking into these to replace my rubber grips which have caused dramas with spinning after washing and heavy rain. I like to run with my palm over the outer edge of the grips and have not got on with normal bolt on grips in the past. Does anyone have recommendations on any single clamps that work well?

I love the feel of my Specilized enduro rubber grips and note they do a single clamp bolt on in the same style but I think the clamp is on the outside and that they are much thicker than the original grips which would not suit?

Thank you for your help and experiences.

nickjb
    Free Member

I use spesh grips. Not sure of the model, they are pretty skinny. I run the clamp on the inside, seems to work fine.

midlifecrashes

Bontrager RL here, single inboard clamp, works great and comfy.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Spesh ones worked fine for me but were too thin – I like em chunky

rlt
    Free Member

PRO do several single clamp grips. XC ones are fairly thin.

mrplow
    Free Member

I read a couple of consumer reviews saying the PRO ones spun about a bit which was putting me off.

thebunk

I’ve got the PRO ones. They flex/twist a tiny bit compared to dual clamps, but I guess all single clamps are prone to this.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve got the Spesh ones too and also run the clamps outboard, it makes more sense to have some extra metal covering the bar ends, no?

I’ve large hands so they could do with being a little chunkier but the allen bolt rounds easily. I prefer the Lizard Skins Chargers I’ve got on my other bike, the Spesh grips are a little plasticky in comparison, certainly less plush feeling than my old S-Works grips but without the constant slipping.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Single clamp grips – Any good?’ is closed to new replies.