• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sinday Mirror – cyclists should take tests, be insured and pay road tax?!
  • matther01
    Free Member

What tosh!

PS I didn’t buy the rag!

trail_rat
    Free Member

ill happily take a test – i am insured and ill pay tax on the emissions i emit (zero rated)

sounds like another highly thought out inteligent article that we come to expect from a red top rag .

mrmo
    Free Member

Do licences stop drivers speeding, using phones, parking on double yellow lines, applying makeup, overtaking on solid white lines, etc, etc etc.

binners

Should we be insured to pay for damage to cars bodywork incurred while knocking us off, or running us over?

GrahamS

Many adult cyclists will have public liability insurance cover via their home contents – though I suspect most don’t realise this.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/money/2010/jul/02/bike-insurance-covered

yossarian
    Free Member

I’m happy to be tested, licensed and taxed to use the roads. My only caveat is that the costs associated with maintaining the overall transport network should be raised only by its users and according to their usage.

br
    Free Member

So at what age do you want this to start, and will kids be banned from cycling until then? 🙄

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sinday Mirror – cyclists should take tests, be insured and pay road tax?!’ is closed to new replies.