Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • since you have joined STW……..
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

How has it added to your riding and biking lifestyle or hasn’t it ?

scotroutes

I don’t have time for all that tedious bike riding now.

Rorschach
    Free Member

‘lifestyle’ actual 😥

cloudnine
    Free Member

Learnt lots about burning wood, Maseratis, when Joe Cocker died, vices, coke, hookers, and some useful stuff about headsets, laxatives and how to clean a cat.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Riding lifestyle?

Does that involve pampas grass?

TheSanityAssassin

I ride almost exclusively road these days!

ton

met loads of nice folk. and it passes boring days at work.

MSP

I think that without STW I would never have heard about guided MTB holidays.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Bikes? 😳

Drac

Met with loads of nice people and still friends with them. Who rides bikes these days?

rOcKeTdOg

I had sexual relations via the forum

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Met loads of great folk on here, and none of them have been the bell ends they seem…… 😆

MrOvershoot

ton – Member

met loads of nice folk. and it passes boring days at work.

That sums it up perfectly

beefheart
    Free Member

I own most of the PSAs.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

cloudnine – Member
    and how to clean a cat

Will anyone ever forget that thread, once seen, always smiling

zippykona

I can’t even book a holiday unless it passes STW approval.
    Used to google stuff now I just ask on here . It’s so much easier.

Stoner
    Free Member

Since joing stw I’ve got married and had two kids. It’s played havoc with my riding lifestyle.

scaredypants

receiving a photo of 42’s nob does not constitute relations, RD

oldnpastit

I used it today when servicing my forks . I’d be looking at a busted bike now otherwise.

Actually it is still busted but that’s because of the leaky shimano brakes.

senorj

I haven’t cut my toenails.

rOcKeTdOg

receiving a photo of 42’s nob does not constitute relations, RD

Any port in a storm

singletrackmind

Since I joined STW
    AzFred left
    TSY left
    Jamie left
    TJ left
    SmurfMatt flounced
    PhilConsequence disapeared ( shame as he was good bloke )
    Kylie left
    Keith 29er + Jenn both left us
    My life is now incomplete , but ifyou ride bikes long enough these things happen.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Work thinks I’m dead

slowoldman

Bikes?

Apparently there’s a Bike Forum over on the left somewhere.

mrsfry
    Free Member

I’ve developed a unique odor and a manly beard 🙂
    Still haven’t mastered the art of thigh slapping 🙁

badnewz
    Free Member

There is an inverted correlation between mountain biking and use of mountain bike forums.

CountZero

Learnt lots about burning wood, Maseratis, when Joe Cocker died, vices, coke, hookers, and some useful stuff about headsets, laxatives and how to clean a cat.

This.

lunge

Found a genuinely wonderful source of info on anything from bikes to beer, from Dura-Ace to depression. And yes, almost entirely stopped riding off road.

jekkyl

honest answer?

.Bought and sold many quality parts for great prices on the classifieds. Incl my usual ride.
    .Had many route advice tips, incl lots of placs I wouldn’t have known about and aren’t broadcast on route sites. This place improves my riding life no end.
    .Met several people from this site, every single one have been very nice indeed and shared some great rides. 🙂
    .Had many technical tips about installing/fixing/replacing every aspect of the bicycle, when I have needed it. The speed in which you get a response sometimes is excellent, when you’re in the thick of a procedure and you really need a help, there are many professional time-served excellent bicycle mechanics patrolling the boards willing to help.
    I’m astounded all the time at the lengths people will go to help you. You’ll put up a quick 2 sentence ‘plz help me’ and a guy will take 10 mins out of his day and write up a whole page of advice for you. Brilliant.

jamj1974

Lunge +1

teethgrinder

Bought stuff:
    Stove
    Stove top fan
    Banshee Spitfire
    Moto g 4G (1st gen)
    XT 11 speed
    Pikes

No German cars, shitty little dogs or plastic over-priced gnarrpoons from the US, though (looking at you,Santa Cruz.

bearnecessities

Nothing for riding – still a tow path mincer.

However, it is an…um….enriching place?*

I’ve seen so many lovely, kind things actually done on here – not just said. No more than I’m sure happens in daily life, but being able to see it on a screen and take the time to read it and appreciate it, is nice.

Give you hope ‘n’ all that.

You’ll put up a quick 2 sentence ‘plz help me’ and a guy will take 10 mins out of his day and write up a whole page of advice for you.

Is equally true. I’m always appreciative of time taken by people take to write a post to help with a question – love it when someone posts a completely random question about the viscosity of a can of 1987 vintage Dulux magnolia, and a complete lurker who works in paint-viscosity testing, pops up with the answer. 😀

EDIT: Oh and have met some truly cracking people, maccruiskeen being by far the most handsome 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

I now have a psychotic desire to kill certain people.

schmiken

I never had mourned the loss of a post attempting to sell a Parallax hub before I joined STW.

parkesie
    Free Member

Made me buy a cannondale trigger damn psa posts.

andytherocketeer

STW made me realise that my bike basically has square wheels, given that it’s 26inch, no dropper, 3x, conti tubes,…

STW also made me buy the same bike, since the frame brand, wheels brand, tyres brand, and seatpost brand, etc. were all the rage when I ordered it.

edit: oh and I haven’t ridden since last July, so that’s totally inline with STW too.

iainc

Been on here a long time and have asked and answered many questions, some daft, some sensible. Have met quite a few people and not had any bad experiences. Have also sold quite a few things.

When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2014 some fellow forumites who had been through it got in touch and helped me enormously, they know who they are.

Some good folk have gone too, I didn’t know about Keith29er until reading this thread 😥

In summary, great fun forum, serious when it needs to be, and a source of answers to the most bizarre questions !

SaxonRider

I have been kept from going bat shit crazy by this forum.

When I crashed some years back and broke my collar bone, followed only a couple of months later by a double prolapse in my lower spine that sent me to hospital for almost two weeks, then (partly as a consequence) got extra fat, it was participating on STW that made me think there might be hope for me yet.

Then, when I was losing, then lost, my dad, the expressions of sympathy were amazing. I even shared some of them with my family.

Since then, I have gotten back in shape and ride every day – principally commuting and road, but mountain for weekend fun – and always feel encouraged by this place.

So all in all, it has had a very good effect on my riding and lifestyle indeed. 8)

hairyscary

I’ve been on the forum since about 2005 and I’ve gradually watched the forum ‘lifestyle’ get older.
    In the earlier days the forum was a big influence on me and my riding as everyone seemed to be generally likeminded mountain-bikers. As the forum members average age has increased and the discussion moves more to road bikes, fat bikes and bike-packing it has become much less relevant to me*.
    *44 years old, just bought my first DH bike and riding harder and faster than I was in 2005.

Rubber_Buccaneer

The main thing this place has given me is a fear of being handed a sachet of picolax. If it ever happens I will shit myself 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘since you have joined STW……..’ is closed to new replies.