Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Simply stunning bike ride tonight
  • justinbieber

Did Sticks Pass tonight.

One of the best rides, ever.

Realising how unbelievably lucky I am to be able to just nip down and do this in an evening. Just brilliant

boxelder

Whiteless Pike for me.
    Fantastic light, top riding and a mini beer festival at the Kirkstile.
    😀

justinbieber

Yeah, the light was pretty epic tonight!

I’ve not done Whiteless Pike yet. Is it any good?

justinbieber

Morning bump for no reason other than I’m still buzzing from last night!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yes lovely evening down here, shame I spent the whole time underneath the car. Grrr.

lowey

I hate both of you.

Boxy more so for mentioning the beer festival.

Mackem

Nice picture.

messiah
    Free Member

I had a great ride but had damp shoes from half way round.

Oops 😳

justinbieber

that’s cos you’re riding your bike upside down. Less grip on the rocks you see 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

This is a nice thread to open on a Friday morning, thanks.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

freeridenick
    Free Member

6,000ft of dusty riding round the Surrey Hills yesterday 😛

justinbieber

That’s good going. We climbed (& descended) 2500ft in just over 8 miles. The gps log looks like this /\

mattjg
    Free Member

my god Nick that must have been an epic! rain today though.

deluded
    Free Member

There’s something uniquely restorative about a good MTB ride – with friends or solitary. I’ve never really found anything like it – very good for the soul / spirit etc.

yunki
    Free Member

deluded – Member
    There’s something uniquely restorative about a good MTB ride – with friends or solitary. I’ve never really found anything like it – very good for the soul / spirit etc.

agreed.. and I’ve looked in an extraordinary variety of places

hatter

Did 2.5 hours round Ashridge yesterday evening with some mates, dusty trails grip, speed, a crash, and then pub afterwards, just the tonic.

Going to take the nipper offroad in the Chariot tomorrow if it stays dry, should be a giggle.

Pigface
    Free Member

I did 18 miles around some Dorset byways and woods last night using the Fatty, fantastic fun. Stunning scenery some wildlife and a friendly wave from a man who had been a pompous asshat when I was speaking to him in my dayjob capacity. I dont think he recognised me 🙂 Fatbikes do make hysterical trail bikes 😆

TimP
    Free Member

Sorry for the crappy phone pic but this was the sea mist falling down the back of the south downs last night at Devil’s Dyke. Was very wierd! Bit late for real sun up at the top but it was warm and then on teh way back down it was thick fog limiting vision to 20m at times and really cold!

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Did an East Dartmoor loop after work, ending with this…. ’twas lovely.

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

@Sprocketjockey,
    that pint at the Warren House Inn??

mattjg
    Free Member

@tim love that kind of ride, atmospheric variety and ‘breathe deep’ moments

As for the pints, it’s never been said better than

”Cycling and beer are so intertwined we may never understand the full relationship.”

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

@Sprocketjockey,
    that pint at the Warren House Inn??

Well spotted.

noteeth
    Free Member

After a long time off the MTB, I finally got out into the woods this week… and I’ve been out every evening since.

Sublime trail conditions, and a deeply satisfying beer at the end. After months of miserable weather, it was a near-religious experience.

boxelder

Buttermere fells got a new coating of the white stuff this evening – looks like hail, but white nontheless.

allthepies
    Free Member

+ loads.

mattjg
    Free Member

Religious?

Much better than that I’d hope.

noteeth
    Free Member

Much better than that I’d hope.

I had to be careful about the wording – just in case I inadvertently triggered a STW big hitters’ religion thread. 😯

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive ridden so much in the last few weeks my legs are now broken. But I will force them back into action tomorrow to continue enjoying the dusty trails.

You just never know when it will end. I can all to quickly remember the wet summer we had last year.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Simply stunning bike ride tonight’ is closed to new replies.